My kitty is old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shock: Wow 21 Marm! Thats amazing. I've never heard of a cat living that long. I always thought their life span was 15-20.

Alix said:
Rainee, I am so sorry for your loss. How horrible and hard.

luvs, is your kitty sick?
no, sweetie. he's just getting old enough for me to worry and cry.
my one kitty is sick; his teeth are going to have to come out. poor little guy.
i cry sometimes so hard that it makes my belly hurt.

When I worked for a vet, I had a coworker who had been married about 5 years. When she married, she had two geriatric cats -- I believe in the area of 17 years old when she married the man. When I knew her, honest-to-gosh, the two cats were still going strong. The point of the marriage thing is that her husband was a cat hater, but said, well, with those cats being so old, I figure I can outlast them if you promise no more cats after they go. They married with that pact. Well the cats lived, and lived, and lived, and .... years and a divorce later, they were still going strong. I lost contact with her, but both cats lived to well over 20 years old. Never say die. As for me, my JR terrier was given a few months to live (2-5 mos) ..... 8 most ago. She's getting onerier (is that a word), but in no pain, and still beats the living daylights out of her daughter once a day just to show who's boss. All my freinds and family keep waiting to hear she's died, and she's like the energizer bunny. In other words, enjoy what you have, don't anticipate (after making appropriate plans) the bad.

luvs, I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I know how you feel ,it is a hard decision to make. When the time is right you will know what to do. We had to put our golden retriever to sleep last week. He was 13 1/2 years old. We miss him lots.

Hugs, SC

Last edited:
hugs to you, too, SC. BIG ones.
you must be torn up inside over losing your friend. he was very handsome!
i'm sorry you lost him!:( :ermm: :( :(
oh, man, how they can get to your heart!
they don't judge, yell, or get TOO mad at you, and all they want is love. and food!
my ozzy is such a sweet cat.
claire, 'ornrier' is a word. we call our littlest guy 'ornery'. he annoys the HECK out of our 2 older girls, and they smack him around most days. esther gets so mad at him that she SCREAMS! literally. it's such a hideous sound. she gets grounded for yelling at him sometimes. (when they get grounded, they're not allowed to play outside and they have to hang out in the bathroom for about an hour.) ellie growls at him but only screams gently at him. it's hard not to laugh sometimes. irony is, ellie used to stand up and start smacking me around when i'd give him a bath in the sink and she'd bite me and whimper. she must have good motherly instincts and get upset when she hears him in distress.

Last edited:
Fang (the supposedly dying dog) has always been moody. She was raised by a cat and thinks she is one. Now that she's supposedly sickly, she milks it for all it's worth. She's adding new meaning to the word that describes what she biologically is (a female dog, I won't write out the word, our system tends to delete them anyway). She's been such a good pet over her years that we're putting up with her temperment; after all, she's lived in more states than most people we know, she's travelled in the belly of an airplane half-way across the world, and generally has been a great dog. And, I might add, no one believes us when we say the vet told us she's dying, because she's way too energetic. I think she may be dying for another year or two.

claire,you made me smile and laugh, lol. your baby-kins sound like such a good sport and such a good little guy, lol. give him a BIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG hug for me, okay?:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom