My New Toy - Treo 650

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I broke down and bought myself a new toy that I have been lusting over for quite a while now. It is the Treo 650 cell phone/palm pilot. I have had a separate cell phone and PDA for a while and have wanted to get a combo unit forever, but none of them ever seemed good enough until now. I love this thing. It does everything. It is a cell phone with all the regular bells and whistles including speaker phone. It is a PDA with a full qwerty keyboard which is actually easy to use. I can surf the web with it. I can even use it as a modem for my laptop if I ever needed to. It is bluetooth equipped so I can hook up a wireless earpiece. It has a camera and video camera all built in and the quality is surprisingly good. I can use all the regular ring tones or download more or I can record my own. Right now when I get voicemails I have it set so I have a recording of my baby cooing when the voicemail comes in. I can have a different ringtone for numbers that are in my address book and numbers that I don't know. I can actually have a different ring for every person if I wanted to.

Does anyone else have one of these? Have you downloaded any cool software? What are your experiences with these?

LOL I don't have one but I can tell you are one excited person GB. Congratulations on your new toy. :) Sounds like a toy that can keep you entertained for a long time. Especially when you can hear your baby's cooing. :) :) :)

Last edited:
You are SO way more advanced than me, Geebs. I still have the old nokia cell (that you can't download stuff onto), never used a PDA and just got my first digital camera last weekend.

I bow to your greatness.

Oprah gave these away on her last gift-giving show - they looked great!! I have both separate right now (PDA/cell phone) - I bet my husband has one before too long - he can't help but buy new toys!

Glad you like it GB - let us know how you really feel about though - I think you were holding back on us :mrgreen:

I got one a week or two ago...had to return the first one as it locked up once every 10 - 15 minutes.

The replacement has worked awesome. Haven't had much of a chance to download any cool software but have been looking. As you probably know, just the "stock" treo has enough features that it takes a novice like me awhile to get it set up just the way I like it:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom