"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 04-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
Executive Chef

New forum?

Since we are all friends here, many of us know each other well, would any of you welcome a support type forum for daily life, problems, situations? I saw two posts today from Kyle and Bang, and many others along the way. I think there is a need for us to communicate. I wanted to put a post on here myself, but have been struggling about it because it's a food forum. So what do you all think? Admins/mods/friends?

Old 04-06-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Amber if you need to talk to us please post .. we are here to listen. This is a food forum but.. it's filled with friends and laughter too. You can always IM me or send me a pm if you want too. I'm almost always around.

smiles, T

Old 04-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
Head Chef

And there is always the forum for off topic chat...one of my favorites!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #4
DC Grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindatooo
And there is always the forum for off topic chat...one of my favorites!
Mine too...I don't think we need another one.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Old 04-07-2005, 03:52 AM   #5
Senior Cook

Yes, I think that is One of the (Many Atributes of this site) "A place for everything, Dove, You ain't ketched me in th' "Woodshed yet! (Told ya I run Fast! LOL! Smoked turkey, Provolone chese, on favorite bread, with condiment's of choice, MMMM!! Vote 5 Stars for DC!!! #1 !!! Here WE come!!! Atomic Jed!
Old 04-07-2005, 03:33 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Since we are all friends here, many of us know each other well, would any of you welcome a support type forum for daily life, problems, situations? I saw two posts today from Kyle and Bang, and many others along the way. I think there is a need for us to communicate. I wanted to put a post on here myself, but have been struggling about it because it's a food forum. So what do you all think? Admins/mods/friends?
Good idea Amber, since it's off the topic of the forum, but many folks are friendly here & need a place to vent, & it doesn't really fit under chit-chat, fun & games..
Old 04-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #7
Contest Winner

Cool

Mish sometimes we do get off topic, but I think it is fine as long as we keep it to a social thing. I also care Big body huge heart. I will chat to anyone , I have never met a stranger, ( or is that I have never met a stranger person than I. ) Huh FOOD for thought anyway if anyone wants to chat I am here :).
Old 04-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Maidrite, I was agreeing with Amber, in that a separate catagory was a good idea. There are many people who offer support here. Like Wasabi put it so well, it's like family; & when people are suffering, it doesn't seem to fit under the "Catagory" of jokes & games. Sometimes the written word gets lost. Hope that makes it clearer. BTW, I love getting mail too. The only mail I don't like is junk mail & bills. I'm always happy to hear from the kind people here.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #9
DC Grandma

AJ,
Bring a lunch withe you like that and all we(I) will do is sit, chat and eat with you..

Old 04-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #10
DC Grandma

After thinking about this maybe a new forum would work..what would we call it?
Need to talk
need support