New Kitten Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
What an amazing thing! My cat Marge and her sister Chicky (Chicken Little) were both pregnant. Marge had already chosen our bedroom closet as where she wanted to have her babies. Chicky had hers first though, and she had them there. Margie found out the hard way today!

Anyway, a few days ago I told Marge to wait until the 17th because that is our granddaughter Hannah's 4th birthday. She did. Well, when she found her spot taken, she became really restless and was looking for a place to have her babies. She wanted to be close to me and kept jumping up in my lap, then she would wander around. Well, believe it or not, as I sat here at the computer this afternoon, Margie had the first kitten IN MY LAP!!! It was the most incredible experience! I was able to move them to a better place before the 2nd one was born. So far there are only 2. She looked bigger than that, but it would be nice if there are only 2, since we have a zillion and a half cats! I love baby kitties!

:) Barbara
P.S. 4 years ago, I told my daughter to wait until Father's Day to have Hannah, and that is when she had her! It surprised me that Marge "listened" to my advice too. :mrgreen:

There are 4 now. Two gray tabbies, one black, and one mostly black tortoise shell. They are so cute!

Cool! Little kittens are the best. Will you keep them all Barbara or will four lucky families have new friends?

We really need to give a lot of our cats and kittens away. It is very difficult around here though. Dogs are easy to find homes for, but no one around here wants cats. We love our cats, but we just have too many. We want to keep Margie and Pete and find homes for the others. Realistically though, we will probably not find homes for them. Thank goodness we live in the country and have space for them. We can't afford to have them spayed, but we plan to as soon as we can.

LOL I have to know if they are boys or girls before I can name them! They are a little young to know. Except of course the tortoise shell, since torties and calicos are almost always females. I don't like cliche animal names--I prefer to wait for the kitty to "tell" me what its name is. :cool:

That cat must really love you, because, cats and dogs will only give birth when they feel they are where they are comfortable and feel safe to have the babies.

Five babies now! I think she is done. The newest one is a gray tabby. The black one looks like our cat Pete, with white feet and white on its chest.

I mentioned that I don't like cliche names. Names (human or animal) are important to me. The way Marge got her name was that she was born right after a dear old friend named Marge died. Marge loved cats too.

I'm the same way Barbara. I think long and hard before giving a name to an animal of mine. I tend to like regular names, like humans have, but you wouldn't know it by my two of my current animals. I have a dog named Grommit, and a cat named Blue, but the third is named Bob (my avatar kitty). He was hard to name, but when I thought of the name Bob, it just fit like a glove. I have a cool uncle named Bob.

BC

How sweet Barbara! Congrats on all your new babies!! When Littlebit had her first litter she laied her head in my lap when the first kitten was born & I had to help deliver it because it's foot was stuck. It was an amazing experience! I wasn't around when the 2nd litter was born & with this last litter I sat outside with her until they were all here. We have finally chosen names for the 2 we kept. The bobtail is Sweet Tater(Tater for short) & the calico is Nut. Hubby named them last night after we gave them a bath. They slept in the house for the first time(they had been living in the garage) last night too. Tater slept all night with hubby & Nut roamed our bedroom.

Thanks Barbara! I can't wait until we get them moved to the new house. They have kept us up off & on for the last 3 nights because they living in our bedroom right now. I could hang hubby because he bought them a scratching post with a bell on it & they just love playing on it at 3 in the AM!!

Back
Top Bottom