No Google search...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aussie girl

Senior Cook
Is anyone else having problems with google today? Maybe its just me. Any search brings up "no result" page.

I did accidently click on the 'stop' button on my zonealarm firewall. I thought I had reset it, maybe not....

Any suggestions?

No problems here....in Canada....would that make a difference? AND it's an hour later...maybe it's fixed

Actually Google should be doing an entire internet index pagerank update soon so there may be little quirks within the next few days. It usually happens 4 times a year while things get re-indexed etc. Hope that helps

Thanks for your replies tancowgirl and spatulator. It seems the problem is more serious that I first thought. I posted with a tech forum and have to do a duplicate profile and transfer everything. Not looking forward to that. I can only access that pages that are in my favourites. Thanks again for your input.

easy there aussie..im a network engineer and would be happy to assist.

what on earth makes you think you need to create a duplicate profile and transfer? do u have any other probs besided google not returning pages?

1. goto download.com, and install / run hijackthis, and spybot search &n destroy.

2. clear out your cookies, cache, and history.

i know u have been givin advice from a *tech forum*, but trust me, dont do anything drastic till we discuss. i do this for a living, and a second set of eyes never hurts!!

Thanks mugsy, I would be more than happy for you to assist me.

I already have Hijackthis and spybot. I posted a log of HJT at the other forum, and the person told me there was nothing in there of any concern. I also have AVG, Ad-Aware SE and MS antispyware. My system is basically clean, but the advice I'm getting from the other forum, is referring to a possible corruption of the search engine.

With their advice, I logged on as the 'guest user', also as administrator, and tried google from there. It works perfectly. It was also suggested that there may be differences within the privacy and security settings in 'tools'. I compared the 2 users and couldn't find any differences.

I do empty the temp files and history daily, but leave my 'regular' cookies intact. Not entirely sure what you mean by "cache".

I dont know if it would be appropriate to post a HJT log here, or if you needed, maybe I could pm it to you. I do appreciate your time and advice on this mugsy. As a beginner, I'm always in awe of the experts.

If you do not already use Mozilla Firefox you may want to go ahead and download that browser and use it instead of Internet Explorer. It is much safer.

thanks for the advice spatulator. At this moment, I'm running a little short on disk space, and will look into firefox at another time. Just want to solve the IE issue first. Thanks anyway.

Thank you to all here who offered advice and assistance. I'm happy to say the problem has been solved via a program recommended by a tech forum. Its a tiny download program that fixes any missing files in Windows XP.

http://users.adelphia.net/~abraxas/...Subsystem.exe

It worked instantly for me, but as I'm not 'tech' minded, it best to get advice from someone who is before proceeding

Google problem..

I live in Costa Rica and I have had search problems today (I went to my website and it said no results ! I went thru Yahoo and was reassured...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom