Oh no!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Choc, thanks for the info. I have one pan that looks similar. My parents bought it for me at the wholesale store (United Grocers Cash and Carry). I don't know if it's the same as what I would get from a restaurant supply store, but it's my second favorite. :) I might just get another one if my nonstick one gets beaten up too badly.

Unless I'm missing something jenny may have a point - should non-stick coating just rub off?????? Sounds like a manufacturer's defect.

kitchenelf said:
Unless I'm missing something jenny may have a point - should non-stick coating just rub off?????? Sounds like a manufacturer's defect.

If you take a steel wool or brillo pad to it, or use metal utensils w or w/o heat, it will rub off. Teflon will rub off. Brings up another question about these so-called non-stick cooking sprays. We may be cutting down on fat, but what's the damage to our cookware. A tbl of oil...to saute anything -- don't think so. Great topic. Keep em coming.

is ingesting teflon or any other non-stick surface poisonous? (i'm guessing it just passes thru, maybe a little more quickly than other things...:) )

i'm sure i have eaten my share of it, as well as cat hair.

BT, you must come from good "stock" lol. You're still here to tell us about it...some good dental floss might help. You're making my sides hurt from gigling. BTW, can I have the cat hair recipe.

Last edited:
buckytom said:
is ingesting teflon or any other non-stick surface poisonous? (i'm guessing it just passes thru, maybe a little more quickly than other things...:) )

i'm sure i have eaten my share of it, as well as cat hair.

Bucky, I've read conflicting opinions on the dangers of teflon to humans. Some say that once a non-stick pan is scratched, then you should get rid of it as it allows more to flake each time you use the pan.

Something you really need to be careful of, though--there is a lot of conclusive evidence that the fumes from teflon are deadly to birds. If heated to a high temperature, teflon gives off a gas that is highly poisonous to birds, even if they're in another room.

The cat hair, I'd just consider another source of fiber! I'm sure we've had our share in this household, too! :rolleyes:

mish said:
If you take a steel wool or brillo pad to it, or use metal utensils w or w/o heat, it will rub off. Teflon will rub off. Brings up another question about these so-called non-stick cooking sprays. We may be cutting down on fat, but what's the damage to our cookware. A tbl of oil...to saute anything -- don't think so. Great topic. Keep em coming.

Did a brillo pad take it down? Or was it damaged through regular cleaning?

IMO, I'd still take it back. I've had very good luck at WS (cause you are paying top dollar there).

buckytom said:
lol, elfie, sorry, i'm not laughing at you, but your husband's ingenuity. that's exactly how i got out of doing laundry years ago...:) i wasn't that cruel tho. (boy, he must HATE laundry). it was only some of dw's workout clothes and an old blouse or 2.

and gb, just remember, there's always 100001 %. save that little nugget for when she's mad at you for something...

i had mashed potatoes once, prepared by an ex-gf in my apt., that appeared to have a lot of black pepper in them. it wasn't pepper, but rather non-stick lining. she used a metal bladed hand blender to whip the potatoes in the non-stick pot...
:ROFLMAO: Oh boy Bucky, bet those were the most expensive and jaundiced eyed mashed taters in history...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: More black pepper anyone :LOL:
kadesma

htc, it's now to late to panic..Just come up with a plan to foil the critter:LOL: My dh is a dear, but, he does NOT listen, guess I yak to much:ROFLMAO: I've asked and pleaded, please do not use the knives in pans or the counter tops, only the bread board, please don't use my good scissors to cut wire..YUP he did an does:shock: So, I leave out the mistreated knives and a pair of old scissors and have hidden my good things:ROFLMAO: Now, were both happy, he thinks I've given up and I know better...I haven't:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

kadesma

choclatechef said:
Kadesma, you know just how to handle men!

I love it!
I try I try and after 43 years Lord help me I'm getting better at it:LOL: Thanks chef:)
kadesma

Kadesma, that's so funny, we must suffer from the same thing. DH swears I am too meticulous about my kitchen stuff!

htc said:
Kadesma, that's so funny, we must suffer from the same thing. DH swears I am too meticulous about my kitchen stuff!
htc, :LOL: I guess i am fussy, but DH just boggels my mind, I'll bet he has mis-placed 100 hammers, umteen screwdrivers and that 's just in one summer:ROFLMAO: I cringe every time he say's want me to carve that for ya:ROFLMAO:
kadesma:) hidding the silver

Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WilliamSonoma exchanged my cookie sheet for me!!!!:-p :-p :-p :-p

Jennyma, thanks so much for the great advice to ask for an exchange. They were nice and friendly about it. I also picked up a microplaner, a oven thermometer and some coffee beans while I was there. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

marmalady said:
Mish and Elf - LOL, hubbie DID wear pink BVDs after he washed 'em with a new RED t-shirt!! :devilish:

Hee, hee...an early Valentine's Day surprise :mrgreen:

You should have seen all my brother's pink underwear.....he was a football player in high school and washed his red uniform with his whites. LOL did he get ribbed in the locker room. But my brother was cool and collected about it and joked right back. :)

Back
Top Bottom