"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 05-16-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
Head Chef

Oh no!!!

I'm trying not to panic... DH washed my nonstick William-Sonoma cookie sheet last night and some of the nonstick coating was rubbed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRGGGGHHJHHH That's my favorite cookie sheet and my best one!!! I have to breathe and then tell him he was great for washing it but will see if he even notices it... I'm sure I'm just making a big deal and should be happy I have a hubby who does dishes...but STILL!!! I bake A LOT!!!

Old 05-17-2005, 12:28 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
htc - I feel your pain. My husband did MY laundry and in one fell swoop totally ruined about $2,000.00 worth of clothes. I don't have clothes like that anymore - but I sure did used to. If something wasn't tinged pink then he shrunk the daylights out of it in the dryer - I just said Oh well...........

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 05-17-2005, 11:18 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Eeeeeek, htc. I feel your pain!

Had a brand new set of cookware & asked one of the ex bfs, please use teflon utensils or wooden spoons when cooking with them. (Didn't want to scratch the surface.) Walked into kitchen...there he was stirring away with metal utensils. Oh, the Horror

Re my Williams-Sonoma copper cookware - that was off-limits to anyone. Am I selfish or over-protective of my cookware, or what

Another ex bf fryed chicken with my evoo. Bit my tongue & walked away. What can you do.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

I have a non stick wok that I love. Just for the record, I do not use it as a real wok, just as a large wide pan. Well I have been very strict with my wife in the kitchen with all my rules. No metal on the non sticks, no wood soaking in water, no knives in the dishwasher, etc. Well she tries hard to follow the rules, but does not always remember. She ended up putting a pretty deep scratch in the wok . Because I love her and know she did not mean to do it and I am 100000% sure she felt horrible about it all I could do was smile and tell her not to worry about it and that it is not a problem at all. Thankfully the scratch has not gotten any worse at all and has not affected the performance of the non stick coating one bit. I was pleasantly surprised at that.

I feel your pain HTC! Just remember (as you already have) that it was ruined with the best intentions in mind
Old 05-17-2005, 11:45 AM   #5
Executive Chef

GB, speaking of woks...I make mistakes too. Years ago bought a metal wok & soaked it in warm soapy water (to clean). You guessed it - one rusted ugly wok. Guess sometimes we have to wok away - GROAN.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:45 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, elfie, sorry, i'm not laughing at you, but your husband's ingenuity. that's exactly how i got out of doing laundry years ago... i wasn't that cruel tho. (boy, he must HATE laundry). it was only some of dw's workout clothes and an old blouse or 2.

and gb, just remember, there's always 100001 %. save that little nugget for when she's mad at you for something...

i had mashed potatoes once, prepared by an ex-gf in my apt., that appeared to have a lot of black pepper in them. it wasn't pepper, but rather non-stick lining. she used a metal bladed hand blender to whip the potatoes in the non-stick pot...
Old 05-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #7
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
Guess sometimes we have to wok away - GROAN.
That made me laugh out loud Thanks Mish!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:50 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
htc - I feel your pain. My husband did MY laundry and in one fell swoop totally ruined about $2,000.00 worth of clothes. I don't have clothes like that anymore - but I sure did used to. If something wasn't tinged pink then he shrunk the daylights out of it in the dryer - I just said Oh well...........
Kitchenelf, if we were vendictive people, which we are not, we would do a load of laundry with the reds mixed in with the whites...then our significant others would have PINK bvds. But, we would never do that.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:55 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i had mashed potatoes once, prepared by an ex-gf in my apt., that appeared to have a lot of black pepper in them. it wasn't pepper, but rather non-stick lining. she used a metal bladed hand blender to whip the potatoes in the non-stick pot...
Oh, YUM, BT. ROUGHAGE.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
lol, my Mom shrunk about $1,000 worth of my GAP sweaters in one fell swoop. of course i wasn't laughing out loud THEN. i was so upset, but even Mom can make mistakes. hey, she TRIED to wash them properly, lol. i swore a LOT when i found my extra-smalls about the size of my pet hamster.