Phase 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Well, we closed on the restaurant on Friday. Got all the deposits made.

Yesterday morning we rode down there to spend a couple of hours. Removed the name, etc from the windows, packed up some dishes we won't be using. Hung up some pig pictures etc.

Next, we need to get the shelves hung, and take the trophies down.

That is so exciting Rainee. Make sure to post pictures of this ongoing project. We can't wait to see your progress. I just wish I lived closer so that I could come and eat at your place :)

That's wonderful Rainee, can't wait to see the pictures. I know it will be a huge success.

It sounds like hard work but, you must be having a blast! Keep us updated.

We have to put up some shelves first. Brian is doing yards the next 2 weeks, and then he'll be retaurant full time. The following week, he is taking a ServSafe class. So maybe, we'll get shelves in that week.

Menu is being looked at by some friends of ours who do graphics.

This week is a short week for us as we have a competition this weekend.

Hey Rainee - will you be at the Great BBQ Smoke Off or whatever they are calling it Hickory on Memorial Day weekend? I know it starts either Thursday or Friday - this year it's at the Crawdad's ballfield versus Catawba Furniture Mall parking lot. Let me know - I'm cooking for 50 on Friday night - Saturday morning is graduation - saturday night I'll have a mini breakdown - when do the tents start coming down?

We have put in to judge at Hickory, but haven't heard back from them yet. We may show up anyway. We won't cook there as they have too many issues to make it enjoyable.

Congrats Rainee.....keep us posted on your progress. Can't wait to see a photo. Too bad your so far away or else I'd just pop in.

Back
Top Bottom