Please pray for my nephew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Please pray for my nephew Justin (he's 21). He had just gone back to Iraq again about a month ago (2nd time--he wanted to go both times). His driver was driving the Humvee way too fast and they hit a speed bump. Justin's arm was ripped almost all the way off (just holding on by a little bone). He is in Washington D.C. right now. They reattached the arm. He can't feel elbow-shoulder movement (but he's not sure if it is just because of the pain), but he can feel his hand. I don't know if it was his right or left arm. He said he is doing ok. It's crazy--When he was 16, Justin was shot in the back (an accidental shooting), then he goes to war and ends up injured in a car accident!

Barbara

A prayer will be said for Justin tonight.

img_88512_0_fde9ae55ee0540d4312f602389d0f782.gif

It is not all darkness Barbara. Justin

is alive. I have said a small prayer for his rapid a full recovery and I will say another prayer for him tonight.

I will also pray for you because you and your family need the positive energy and vibes.

Be strong. ;)

Barba,
My Prayers are with you and all of your family.
He is having the best care possible now and he is home.

The man is a hero!!!! Anyone who fights head to head against this evil is someone I would to salute. In any case he is VERY much in my prayers!

You all definitely have my thoughts and prayers! And i couldn't agree more with what DS said. He really is a hero!!!

I too will be saying prayers for Justine. My own son, Troy, just got back from Kuwait, and in one piece. It was somewhat nerve wracking for us, so I understand how you feel. If anything like that had happened to my children, or one of my neices or nephews, I'd be asking for some prayers too. I will do my part.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Prayers from me too Barbara. I am thinking that feeling in his fingers is a good sign. {{{{{{{{{{Barbara}}}}}}}}}}

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
The man is a hero!!!! Anyone who fights head to head against this evil is someone I would to salute. In any case he is VERY much in my prayers!

DS said it all... I will stop and pray for you and your family. God bless you all.

Thanks everyone. Yes, we are feeling very blessed that Justin is alive, and that he has feeling in his hand. I'm not sure what hospital he is in. He is in the Army, so he is in whatever hospital they would send an injured Army Sergeant in D.C. He is due to go back to Kansas (where he is stationed) any day. A friend at work, whose husband is in the Army, brought up something this morning that I hadn't thought of. He will not be able to stay in the Army. I think that will be the hardest thing for him. That is all Justin has ever lived for. He has mentioned (a few years ago anyway) going to culinary school, since he likes to cook. Maybe he will do that. Justin really needs that disciplined life that the military offers though, so I hope he will find his niche soon. Thanks for all the prayers everyone.

:) Barbara

Barbara,
That may not be the case...if he regains full use of his arm they might let him stay and if he really wants to, he might be able to fight it.
Marge

P.S. Walter Reed Arny Hospital is one of the best Hospitals in the U.S. A.
He won't be going anyplace until they say so.

Barbara........I just want to say how sorry I am to hear about Justins accident and my prayers go out to him and all of your family during this time.
My best friends son in law was injured in Iraq also. He was standing by a concrete baracade and another service man back up a Humvee and pinned him between the baracade and the vehicle. He had to have surgery for broken bones and go through extensive therapy. He is still in the service and was never asked to leave...........if given the choice he would of stayed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom