Please Read - IM VIRUS WARNING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
There is a virus going around though Instant Messenger. I have gotten hit twice today already and many of my friends have been hit 20 or 30 times or more. Thankfully none of us fell for it.

An IM is sent to you from someone on your buddy list. It can say a few different things, but the ones I got said something like "Hey is that you?" and it had a link in it. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. It is a virus!!!!!

If you get an IM from someone you know with a link in it then either close out of the IM altogether or at the very minimum write back to your friend and ask if they just sent you a link.

I am not positive because I use trillian which combines all of the different ones into one, but I think it is AOL Instant Messenger. I would be wary of any message like this though no matter what service it is though.

Thanks for the tip GB. Gotta wonder why some people think it's so funny to send other people viruses.

Thanks
bunches. I'm sure you just saved my "puter nerd" hubby
some work this afternoon.

geebs, my Mom said thank you sooooooooo much. i printed out your msg. for her; her primary career is workiing w/ healthcare directly taken care of on computers! she was so appreciateve!

Last edited:
I am happy to pass this type of info along anytime I get it. I was very thankful to the person who told me. I got a bunch of IM's just an hour or so after I was told about it so she really saved me a lot of headaches. I am just happy to be able to pass that information along to my friends here.

Back
Top Bottom