Pope John Paul II dies at 84

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was a great man
In life and death he has touched the world's heart and soul.

Thanks for mentioning this Lugaru, I hadnt watched tv all day so I had no idea. Very sad indeed, but at least he's at peace now.

Thanks Lugaru

Indeed! He was a great person. He will be missed by millions. And, all his works will help others way in the future. He will go down in History as an Angelic Person. Thanks Pope John Paul II! He's in a much better place!

Im looking forward to changes made in the Catholic church. John Paul II was a very active pope, though I didnt agree with some of his opinions. Good man though!

I loved his humanness -- his accessibility to young and old. He got out there, travelled, met the people, and loved them. He also mended huge rifts among the world's great religions and broke down many barriers. How unusual for him to say that God welcomes all those who love and seek him, not just the Christians/Catholics! He called the Jews our "elder brothers" and apologized for past offenses. It was time...

img_101847_0_3f299d0b0e2dd7451ecadd92a04dda02.gif

He is in God's loving arms now.

Yes it is a shame few people get to be known around this world, Fewer people care about it, Even fewer do something about it. He will be missed! :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom