"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
Old 06-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
Sous Chef
I think I heard Choclate volunteer for diaper duty. Yep am sure I heard her say she would love to help clean them.

Old 06-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #12
DC Grandma
Button down the hatches..Mann the doors for leaks and wave good bye as she passes overhead.
Hurricanes arn't all that fun..those storms are NOT the same storms that we have in Ca. You don't want to be outside..or close to any windows. The last one I was in the lightening came in and took out 3 burners on my SIL's stove just down the road from where Kitchenelf lives in N.C.

May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Old 06-11-2005, 08:02 PM   #13
Sous Chef
Don't worry Dove has passed us by and was heading for Alabama. Not sure where it is now and when it passed us, it was still a tropical storm. Those are bad enough. Have been through hurricanes before, so I know what you are suppose to do. For the first time ever, we went out and purchased a generator because we were without electricity for over a week last year. Lost everything in freezer and frig, and talk about hot. The generator we got will run everything but the air conditioning unit, so then we also purchased a portable air conditioner that it can run. Hopefully we won't need to use either, but if we do we are ready.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by IcyMist
I think I heard Choclate volunteer for diaper duty. Yep am sure I heard her say she would love to help clean them.
GREAT, thanks for the heads up And I know Chocolate will be great at nappy changing and cleaning Right Chocolate, huh, huh, huh
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
Old 06-11-2005, 08:38 PM   #15
Head Chef
I love the rain but I don't do much lavish baking these days.

jkath and crewsk you are invited to my place to do all the baking you want just so I can enjoy the aroma.
"Experience is the name everyone gives to his mistakes."

Old 06-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #16
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by jkath
Oh, Allen - isn't it wonderful to bake on those days? Having the aroma of fresh banana bread wafting through the kitchen while the rain is pouring down on the roof. Very nice indeed!
NOTHING beats the aroma of freshly-baked banana bread!

I want to get a generator. Last Sunday, we lost power for 14 hours. We were lucky. Last year, parts of town were without power for 4 days. Folks lost all their refrigerated and frozen foods.
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:11 AM   #17
Sous Chef
Well looks like today is suppose to be another wet day. :( The only problem is that it stopped raining about 3:00 p.m. yesterday and then it got HOT!!!! It was so hot that our air conditioner was set at the lowest setting and it was close to 80 in the house and my rooms it was closer to 84. :( :( :( Was too hot to do anything.