Rainy Days and Sundays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IcyMist

Sous Chef
Well weather is nasty outside because of tropical storm Arlene. Has been raining, tornado watch is out until 5:00 p.m. and right now am trying to figure out what I want to do. Have put a chicken on to cook nice and slow because I need broth and I have a recipe I want to try out next weekend and will be crunched for time then, so vacuum packing shredded chicken today, but other than that have no clue what to do being stuck in the house. :(

What do you do on rainy or nasty weather days?

To me, rainy days are the very best. I open all the drapes, and open the front door. I'll also spend some time outside on my front porch, just sitting and watching. I love a good storm. It's also the perfect day to have a fire in the fireplace and the classical music on, and hot cocoa on the stove.

Hmmm open doors in Florida?....BUGS!!! Fireplace?.....NO WAY JOSE!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love a good lightning storm that I can sit safely inside and watch, especially when I lived on a lake. It was awesome sitting inside watching the reflections off the water. But an all day rain is sleeping weather and I would rather be outside than sleep all weekend. :(

Research! I do a lot of historical internet research when I can't get out, usually in the winter, but a rainy day during the warm season is the same for me. Of course, I catch up on a lot of honey-do's and chores at the same time. Sometimes I bake.

Oh, Allen - isn't it wonderful to bake on those days? Having the aroma of fresh banana bread wafting through the kitchen while the rain is pouring down on the roof. Very nice indeed!

Well I have cleaned, cooked, deboned and have chicken in freezer where I will be able to vacuum pack it. Have cleaned the crab, froze it and then vacuum packed it. Have read threads, surfed a little, done 2 loads of laundry, torn up some old boxes I have been saving for something that I can't remember and it is only noon. :( NOW I have a headache from the weather, but the sun is finally shining but if I go outside with this headache it will only get worse. Can't read, don't really want to go to bed for headache. ARGGGGGG I am so bored. NOW WHAT? :(

I live in Seattle... Rainy days are very common..
I love for the sunny days. When it's nice in our area it's really nice. Beautiful and green.

I love a good storm though. We've had some really good ones the last few years. 16 trees down in our neighborhood with in about three hours two years ago. It took me over four hours to get home from less than 40 minutes away. Last year we had an ice storm. I'd never seen any things as pretty.

While I love being outside, I love storms and I love to curl up by a window with my doxie, a warm fire, a cozy blanket, a good book and something to drink and something to munch on. I alternate between, looking out the window and reading..Now don't spread this around, but, I've been know to doze off :LOL:

I also enjoy getting in the kitchen and whiping up somthing new I've been wanting to try..Most of the time tho, I'm into cartoons with Cade, feeding Eathan and now I'll have Carson to tend to too!!!:ROFLMAO: Diapers anyone?:LOL:
kadesma

I think I heard Choclate volunteer for diaper duty. Yep am sure I heard her say she would love to help clean them.

Button down the hatches..Mann the doors for leaks and wave good bye as she passes overhead.
Hurricanes arn't all that fun..those storms are NOT the same storms that we have in Ca. You don't want to be outside..or close to any windows. The last one I was in the lightening came in and took out 3 burners on my SIL's stove just down the road from where Kitchenelf lives in N.C.

Don't worry Dove has passed us by and was heading for Alabama. Not sure where it is now and when it passed us, it was still a tropical storm. Those are bad enough. Have been through hurricanes before, so I know what you are suppose to do. For the first time ever, we went out and purchased a generator because we were without electricity for over a week last year. Lost everything in freezer and frig, and talk about hot. The generator we got will run everything but the air conditioning unit, so then we also purchased a portable air conditioner that it can run. Hopefully we won't need to use either, but if we do we are ready.

IcyMist said:
I think I heard Choclate volunteer for diaper duty. Yep am sure I heard her say she would love to help clean them.
GREAT, thanks for the heads up :LOL: And I know Chocolate will be great at nappy changing and cleaning :ROFLMAO: Right Chocolate, huh, huh, huh:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
kadesma:)

I love the rain but I don't do much lavish baking these days.

jkath and crewsk you are invited to my place to do all the baking you want just so I can enjoy the aroma.:LOL:

jkath said:
Oh, Allen - isn't it wonderful to bake on those days? Having the aroma of fresh banana bread wafting through the kitchen while the rain is pouring down on the roof. Very nice indeed!

NOTHING beats the aroma of freshly-baked banana bread!

I want to get a generator. Last Sunday, we lost power for 14 hours. We were lucky. Last year, parts of town were without power for 4 days. Folks lost all their refrigerated and frozen foods.

Well looks like today is suppose to be another wet day. :( The only problem is that it stopped raining about 3:00 p.m. yesterday and then it got HOT!!!! It was so hot that our air conditioner was set at the lowest setting and it was close to 80 in the house and my rooms it was closer to 84. :( :( :( Was too hot to do anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom