Road Trip!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crewsk said:
:cry: OK, I'll let you have him the whole time if I can just come on the trip. (((Walking away crying)))

Ok, you can come along. Johnny is OFF limits!
img_92768_0_6a3e8b56948442fccf947fc39efa07b9.gif

img_92768_1_a04f5d0ceb4b2fbc462e1155d013e3d9.gif

Crewsk, there's a name for gals like you.

LOL! Now you're making me blush! Wasabi! The name I would have for Crewsk is kind and wonderful person! Same with Mud and Middie! And you too, of course!

Ah ... road trips. Mr. BB and I just got back from a 2-month winter road trip. A couple of weeks in the Keys, a couple of weeks in New Orleans, time in the Texas Hill country and New Mexico before heading home.

We take the pup with us so now we have short days in the car, only about 500 - 550 miles per day.

When our kids were growing up we went on road trips every summer. When they were small and could sleep in the car, we'd leave about 7:00 p.m. on a Friday and travel 1200 or 1300 miles before stopping the next afternoon.

i go kooky in a car after about 7 or 8 hours. we have driven a beautiful route to roanoke, va. to visit relatives in the fall. that took about 7 hours. Monthly trips to killington, vt. (used to) take about 4 hours with good weather, and 7 or 8 in a snowstorm. that's not so bad when you're going up for skiing, but it sucks when it happens on the way home. i've driven from detroit to schaumberg, thru chicago and out to moline in a day. that trip was lots of suburbs, then a great city, then miles and miles of miles and miles of corn and soybeans.
and another from san diego to santa barbara in a day. that was a beautiful ride up the pch. i hear southbound from san francisco is prettier tho. that'll be our next trip out there.

Back
Top Bottom