"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
Old 11-07-2004, 05:41 AM   #1
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-

Im aggravated. Did you ever have such a bad week that youre afraid of whats "next". Well I had one. Would anyone like to share their experiences? :)

Old 11-07-2004, 06:04 AM   #2
Master Chef
sushi, be NICE to yourself!
if you were in search of the love of your life, would you rather date:
A.- the lady in the corner who is weeping into her booze, crying her eyes out, and calling herself fat and ugly
B.-the woman who is smiling, chatting with the bartender, and getting hugs from bunches of friends at the bar....
if you keep getting down on yourself, you are going to keep ending up with the woman who is weeping into her whiskey.

if you go out in search of love with a depressed attitude, well... i wouldn't expect much...

if you are in search of a woman with a positive attitude, YOU have to have a positive attitude.

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
Old 11-07-2004, 06:39 AM   #3
Senior Cook
Seems like that gal really pulled a number on you. We gave you lots of advice the other day and you still want to drink it off. I thought you'd be stronger. We are not analysts. You sound depressed, I think you should seek some professional help.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:21 AM   #4
Senior Cook
Sushi...Deb is right...perhaps you should consider talking to someone...thats what they are there for.
By the way alcohol is a depresant...so although you think your drinking away your blues..what your really doing is getting bluer. Been there done that!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 08:53 AM   #5
Head Chef
Right now Sushi forget about women.

Take stock of yourself and find a life you are content with.

The woman you want will not be attracted to a desperate guy.

She will be attracted to someone who knows whom he is and is comfortable with that.

Once you have your life together, go to places you enjoy where there are people, yes, including women, and I am not talking about bars.

Take some courses, go to church, attend sports events. I don't know, you figure it out, I am not you.

If you have something to offer, and from your postings I believe you do, you'll find what you are looking for.

Right now, however, is not the time.

Believe me, tomorrow can and will be a better day.

God Bless You.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:57 AM   #6
Sous Chef
Sushi Sushi Sushi..........NO NO NO.

You have alot to offer the right person, you are WORTH it!!!!!!

Stop being so hard on yourself!!!

Write this chick a letter, send it or don't. Trust me it's VERY cathartic just to say it and be done with is very cleansing for your mind.

Right now it's hard for you, I understand, really I do. PM me if you feel the need to.

Remember this......... WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Just because someone tells you that you can't do something doesn't mean you have to listen.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:51 AM   #7
Senior Cook
Are you going to let her beat you down? She has already used you and now you are gonna let her get you down this way? Don't do it! Don't let her win! Get PISSED at her for doing this. There is nothing wrong with you. It's natural to feel that way. Everybody does. It will pass :)
My photography, prose and poetry at Light of the moon :)
Old 11-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #8
Assistant Cook
Why don't you try taking some aggression out by going to the gym? You may find a nice girl there as well. It will make you feel good, and look good too! Also, are there any classes you could take for fun? Anything you may have an interest in?
Old 11-07-2004, 12:34 PM   #9
Sushi. You are an unpolished gem amongst pebbles. The fact that you are unnoticed now, does not make you any less a gem.

You don't want the ones who pass you by now anyway. You want the one who can recognize a gemstone when she sees it. Someone who will take the time to polish you with her love. That is what you really deserve. Be patient, and she will find you.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:56 PM   #10
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Well.... I cant say that Im depressed. I was sad and aggravated that I plunked down $20 bucks for a dating site and I didnt get any returned messages. :? PLUS.... I broke my glasses. :oops: It cost me $350 bucks for new ones. ARGH! :x
I was just frustrated when I wrote this thread.... and it was 5 in the morning. My cats were playing.... knocked over a lamp.... broke the shade and woke me up. LOL!