Speaking of strange dreams...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Consul

Senior Cook
I dreamed last night that I finally got to try truffles for the first time. They tasted peppery. I'm sure this is not how they really taste.

It was an odd circumstance, too. My family and I were out at a restaurant and we managed to talk the chef out of a free sample. :)

Has anyone here ever had truffles?

i see strange dreams all the time,2 days ago,i saw that i was eating at an indian restaurant with some of my friends,and one of them stole some dishes that were worth a thousand dollars,and they put us all in jail in mexico :shock:

I can't say that I've had any strange dreams lately. I'm lucky if I can recall one dream in a month during my waking hours.

I had some black truffles, sliced, as part of a gourmet appetizer at work a year or more ago. I couldn't describe the flavor to you, as I think it was overpowered by the scallops and other ingredients in the appetizer.

We were cleaning out the freezer at work last week, and I found my chef's stash of black truffles. They're all about ping-pong ball sized. They're frozen (I know, scream, what a way to treat truffles). I wondered why there was a small HP computer ink cartridge in the freezer. Now I know.

I honestly don't know if you can freeze truffles. If your chef did, then he must be confident that they'll take it. I've never made a study of the ingredient.

If you ever think about throwing any of them out for whatever reason, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to make a trip over there (I'm in Port Huron) and take them off your hands. :mrgreen:

Yes, I know, fat chance. But a guy can dream.

My late grandmother was a good dream analyzer and she always said that if you wake up and remember your dream, then it had meaning to it. But if you don't remember what you dream, then it has no meaning.

Back
Top Bottom