Teaching an old dog new tricks....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paint

Senior Cook
I was on the 'phone to my Mum, back in England, the other day and I was telling her what I was cooking for dinner that night. Her comment was something like "Well, that sounds absolutely delicious sweetheart, but surely you have better things to do than spend your time cooking? It sounds like a lot of work to me - I wouldn't bother to go to that much trouble...."

I've tried to send her some simple, new recipes to try and introduced her to a couple of websites - but sadly, she's still determined to cook the same old boring repertoire of about 15 dishes that she's been cooking for the past 50 years...and yet, whenever she comes over to visit us, she always raves about my cooking...

She also can't understand why I won't nuke everything in the microwave instead of cooking it the traditional way, sigh!

I guess it's true that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Paint.

My mom is like that with her computer - it's a big expensive machine for playing solitare and sending emails.

My mom better join your mothers for coffee some day. They can exchange notes:rolleyes: about how "not" to change.

lol. okay an example of my mom... she will NOT play video games unless it's burger chef on intellivision which was out before atari !!

okay, I got you there - my mom's never played a video game AND her last movie in a theater was the ORIGINAL Star Wars when it first came out (I was 12, I think)

now now girls, just remember, your a MUM too:ROFLMAO: Ever wonder what your kids are gonna say about you?:ermm: I know my kids espiclally the girls roll their eyes at me sometimes..But, hey, I do NOT clean other peoples potties or cater week night dinners cause they worked all day..This old dog, has learned a few new tricks and one is to PLAY DUMB!!!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

kadesma:angel:

Back
Top Bottom