Termite Inspection - AGAIN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Question to the homeowners out there.

Had a termite inspector about 5 yrs ago prior to taking possesiion of my condo. The Board of Directors sent another inspector a year or two later. Now, I get another letter from the Bored Board for another termite inspection.

Question, how often do I have to keep having the place inspected for termites? Do I have to allow it (kill another Saturday) waiting around for these yahoos.

Oh, assuming the Board is using my monies for these frequent necessary? inspections.

Thanks in advance.

I'll ask my husband, Mish. The guy that he works for owns 40 condo units and has a home owners association. I talk to him at break everyday.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Texas. I own. I've been calling these termite guys in the phone book & have gotten mixed answers. BTW, there's no swarming, no dust, no droppings, etc. Last HOA designated guy spent 15-20 minutes looking in every nook & cranny. Gimme a break. My inspector, prior to my taking posession took 5 minutes-- it has always passed.

Last edited:
The Board's job is to keep the buildings in good condition. They have a budget for that purpose. If they are anything like the condo board where I live (I'm the Treasurer on the Board) there's never enough money to go around.

So I think you should assume they have good reason to spend the money, otherwise they wouldn't. I'm sure they have a To-Do list a mile long including resident's requests they could be spending it on instead.

Sorry you have to keep dealing with this. Hopefully, this will be the last time. Our property manager has implemented an annual "spray all the buildings" plan to deal with carpenter ants/termites.

DH and I used to live out in the woods and we were told that we should have it checked annually. That was a house and at our own choice and expense, so the situation's a little different than yours.

Hey Mish,
Same with my husbands employer, they do their inspection annually. Sorry, wish I could have told you different.

Back
Top Bottom