The Virtual Sammy Shop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about..... THE PDS ( Perfectly Delish Sandwich)

Sliced Swiss Cheese
Slices Walla Walla Sweet onions
Thinly sliced honey ham
Sliced mushrooms (lots of them)
Topped with more Swiss cheese
And a glob of miracle whip
Toasted to perfection on good thick homemade white bread.

Must be served with a tall cup of hot chocolate with marshmellows!!

Well now this looks to be where I can find my favorite sammie Yahooooo :LOL:

I'll have foccacia, sliced through to make 2 slices then pile on some evoo grilled eggplant, some provolone, some roasted red bells,a slice of grilled sweet onion , slather one side with some mayo mixed with a tad of pesto, grill it HEAVEN:)

kadesma..This place is gonna be great..:cool:

A few other condiments to consider are different varieties of flavored mayo. The two that readily come to mind are a pesto mayo and a chipotle mayo. Yummy!

good idea, allen! i'll put them on the menu.
i think pesto and provolone on toast would be excellent!:)

Brooksy said:
Ok Luv's but ya gotta do it right. Hopefully you have one of those sammy presses - toaster thingies.

Here's a really good snack:

1. Decrust your bread slices & roll the bread slices flat.
2. Butter on one side.
3. Flip over and lightly coat (the unbuttered side) with Vegemite and sprinkle with your fav mature chees.
4. Roll up individual slices like Swiss rolls.
5. Place rolls on toaster, lower top & toast till golden, or as desired.

Serve hot.

i don't have a press. BUT i want to try this.:)

lebanon balogna, garlic balogna, braunsweiger.
how about REAL roast beef, pulled pork and baked hams, all cooked daily?
fried egg or scrambled egg sandwiches.
BLT's.

cream cheese, butter, vegemite for toppings.

*getting out of truck*

Howdy Ma'am! Im on my way to pick up supplies and its a long drive. Since youre on the way I figured I would stop by. I will have a Ruben sandwich and Coke please. No ice in the Coke. :rolleyes:

*chomp...... chew.....* Thanks :) Excellent! *drinking rest of Coke* Heres $15. That should cover everything. I liked the thick rye bread you used.

Well its time for me to get back on the road and get those supplies back!

Ok Guys and Dolls, As no one has put fourth many ideas as to what we're calling this place, and with Luv's permission, I'm going with the name "Grand Sammy".

And now it's time to put together the menu. We have four sections to the menu and here they are;

1. Classic Sandwiches
2. Soups/Salads 'N Sides
3. Challenger
4. Wetted Whistle

Our ham is smoked out back for a minimum of 1 month after soaking in brine for 2 days. The smoke is from apple-wood and the hams are glazed after smoking with a honey-mustard mop that is slow cooked on to perfection.

The beef is slow roasted to 140 degrees with maple and birch providing the smoke, with coarse-ground black pepper lightly sprinkled on the meat surface.

The turkey is slowly barbecued to exactly 155 degrees, again with maple and birch smoke providing extra flavor.

All meats are sliced deli-thin and are sliced fresh every day.

We grind our own ground beef and use only the best pork for our pulled pork, and sirloin-tip for our shredded beef.

The first portion of the menu is Classic Sandwiches. These are the TNT sandwiches that have been around forever, and are well loved. I'm going to throw in a couple of favorites that are classic to specific areas where I have lived. I hope you will join in, and add to the list, as I certainly don't know all of the classics. But here's a start:

BLT - 5 slices of thick, meaty sliced bacon cooked to a light crispy texture and cut to bread length, with your choice of Miracle Whip style salad dressing or mayo, all topped with fresh iceburgh lettuce and vine-ripened tomato that you pick from the vine and we slice. We put this on your choice of bread or toast and serve with your selected bevarage.

Dagwood; This sandwich includes almost everything from the fridge. We put on the pepperoncini slices, vine-ripe tomato, chopped green pepper, onion, Romaine lettuce, 2 slices each - smoked ham, our own smoked beef, our own smoked turkey, sliced black olives, American and Muenster cheese, all drizzled with EVOO on a half-wheat torpedo bun. You can ask for freshly ground black pepper.

Itallian Grinder; Picture a perfect, soft torpedo bun sliced esactly in half, lengthwise, with both inside surfaces brushed with olive oil. Then fill with 2 slices each, cappiacola, sandwich size pepperoni, prosciuto, and salami. Add sliced black olives, chopped green pepper, sweet viadalia onion, and fresh-sliced tomato from our hanging tomato plants. Top the fillings with provalone and mozzarella. Hope your hungryu.

West Pier Sub: Take one soft and delectable torpedo bun, slather with Miracle Whip, and fill with cotto-salami, bologna, and ham. Add chopped green pepper, chopped black olives, sweet onion, and tomato.
I've never been able to quite figure out why this sandwich is still drawing people from all over the U.S., but it is and it's deliscious, a real classic among locals and tourists alike in Sault Ste. Marie, MI.

Reuben; Take two slices of light and dark swirled rye bread, butter the outsides, and fill with pipping hot, deli-thin slices of corned beef, cover fully ripened swiss cheese, and optional sour kraut. Grill until the outside is crispy and serve up with a garlic-dill pickle spear and ridged potato chips.

Monte Kristo; Two slices of French toast flavored with cinamon, vanilla, and nutmeg. Inbetween sits a perfect slice of our own smoked ham, and creamy american cheese, all topped with real maple syrup. All I can say is; Hold me back!

Ultimate Open-faced Tuna Melt; Now we're gonna surprize you with this one. Take one slice of grilled whole wheat bread, top it with a quarter-inch slice of fresh tuna, cooked medium rare, top with Moterey Jack cheese, and broil it just right.

Regular Tuna Melt; Again we start with that grilled whole-wheat bread. This time we top it with our classic tuna sandwich spread and melt two slices of American cheese over the top.

French Dip; Remember those beef roasts, well our au-jus is made only from the natural drippings, onion, salt & pepper, and a touch of fresh garlic. We then pile the deli-thin beef slices between Fresh-baked French-bread, along with grilled green pepper and onion slices. Serve up with a generous portion of au-jus and you have one great sandwich. Freshly grated Parmegino cheese is optional as a side.

Bologan Cram Sandwich; When your in the mood for something quick, simple, and with no frills, this is hard to beat. Take one slice of soft, whole wheat bread, spread on just a touch of mustard, throw on 2 slices of high-quality bologna, fold that puppy in half and stuff it down your gullet :)

Steak Sandwich; Take a 1/3 lb rib steak, grill to your choice of rare, medium rare, medium, or well done. Cut off the bone and place between two slices of your favorite bread, top with your choice of grilled onion, grilled green pepper, a grilled portabella mushroom cap, or all of the above, and flavor with Steak Sauce, Worcestershire, BBQ, or mayo. After muching this incredible sandwich, you can either gnaw on the bone, take it to your dog or children, or make it into soup. And men, do not offer the bone to your wife! She might not take it in the manner it was given. Give her a steak sandwich too.

Liverwurst Sandwich; This is one of my all-time favorites. Two slices of whole wheat toast, Miracle Whip Salad Dressing mixed with a half tsp. of good horseradish, three slices of liverwurst, overlapping at the edges, and crisp iceburgh lettuce. Serve this one up with an ice-cold glass of whole milk thank you (or maybe a root-beer float).

Grilled Cheese; Your choice of bread, your choice of cheese. Expect the cheese to flow from the inside and the bread to be buttered, then grilled to perfection.

Club Sandwich; Make it like the above listed BLT, but double-decker, and with a generous portion of turkey added to each layer.

Open-Faced Pork, Roast Beef, Chicken, or Turkey Sandwich with Smashed Spuds and Gravy; This one is just like the name. Take one slice of fresh baked bread of your choice, top with meat of your choice, place a heaping helping of smashed spuds beside it, and drench the whole thing in our roux-based, silky smooth gravy, Flavored by natural meat drippings.

Pulled Pork Sandwich; The pork is slow-barbecued with mesquite until it is exceptionally tender. Then it's fork-pulled into shreds of delectable and juicy meat and mixed with our own Barbecue Sauce (your choice of tomato base or honey/mustard base sauce). The meat is further baked in a slow oven for three hours to let the sauce permeate the pork. Put this filling between two halves of bun and your in hog-heaven.

Sliced Pork; Take one boneless pork roast, season with our own pepper-dry-rub, andoven roast to the perfect temperature. Slice and place between two slices of your favorite bread along with your condiment choice. Served with or without gravy as you specify.

PBJ; This is the good stuff. This sandwich contains generous portions of high quality peanut butter, on your choice of bread, with your choice of our own jams and jellies.

Grilled PBJ: If you haven't tried one, then someone hasn't been treating you well. Believe me when I say, it takes the humble PBJ to a whole new level.

PBH; Same as above, but with your choice of clvoer, buchweat, or orang-blossom honey instead of jams or jellies.

Grilled PBH; Same as above, only grilled.

PB & Fruit; Bread, peanut butter, and your choice of sliced apple, banana, peach, or pear. This too can be grilled.

The King; PBJ with thin-slightly crisp bacon.

Strange but Tasty; Generous slather of PB with Miracle Whip on white bread.

Classic Burger; 1/3 lb of lean ground beef, lightly seasoned and flame grilled over chunk charcoal to juicy perfection. Top with fresh-sliced, vine-ripened tomato, salad dressing, catsup, sweet pickle relish, or dill slices, onion, and crisp lettuce, all between your choice a freshly baked white bread, or whole-wheat hamburger bun.

Other toppings include A1 steak Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, grilled onion, flame grilled portabella caps, Swiss, American, Provolone, Mozerella, Monterey Jack, Muenster, or Cheddar Cheese, bacon, grilled peppers, ragu suace, your choice of mustard, and horseradish.

Now I know that we haven't gotten all of the classics yet, but it's late and I've got to work tomorrow. We haven't touched the meatball subs, or the grilled chicken sandwiches, or the fish sandwiches, or the ... So c'mon, help me out. cut and paste this post into one of your own and add. :mrgreen:

Seeeya; Goodweed of the North

don't forget the pb&pickle!
also, how about the kid's station?
ham 'n cheese, baloney, PB&J, grilled cheese, cheese singles on white bread, lunchables-type kits in a bag.
(crackers or bread rounds and cookie-cutter cutouts of meat
and cheese.)
someone to help them put together thier favorites, but let them help out.
goldfish crackers, freshly-baked cookies, pudding cups, yogurt.
milk, juice boxes.
birthday parties.
a baker we'd work with for cakes for the parties.
little tykes picnic tables?

Last edited:
luvs_food said:
soujnds like a winner, PDS.

kads, 1 sammich coming right up!
Thanks luvs, it was delish :) Sorry I didn't get to let you know sooner...Have been rushing around doing a zillion things for my grandson's first birthday saturday..Whooo am I beat...:) But, my new kitchen floor and paint job and new table and chairs makes me so happy and my bakc yard is just beautiful.. All's well
I love the sammie shop idea,,, Way to go you two:)
kadesma:)

!!!

here you go, middie!:)

kads, glad ya liked it. congrats on the baby's birthday!

luvs_food said:
here you go, middie!:)

kads, glad ya liked it. congrats on the baby's birthday!
Thanks luvs, if i survive this, i can survive anything :ROFLMAO: kadesma

Back
Top Bottom