The Virtual Sammy Shop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
weed and i are starting one, so come on in, have a seat and a sandwich, and enjoy! of course we have many details to work out, like the menu, but keep your eyes open for future details.:)

Well, first we need a theme, something that will draw people in. And I think we need to set up three or for sections, each isolated, maybe even in a Sandwich Mall kind of thing.

Here's some ideas for themes. Of course I expect anyone, especially you Elf, to come up with alternates so we can choose the best ones. We might even want to put them up for community voting. :)

Theme 1: Classic Grinder and 50' style fast food, but with a twist. One section is specifically set up as the "challenge" area, where ingredients are available for customers to "design" or build their own sandwiches. Different breads, and a multitude of things to go between should be available, each with a price. This would be geared primarily to Teens, & young adult to middle age.

This shop should also serve a limited menu of soups, fruit smoothies, malts and shakes, soda, and maybe ice-cream cones and sherberts. It should also offer a limited selection of salads.

Shop will require a deep fryer with at least 3 bays, a flame-grill, a flat grill, refrigerated trays and display cases for condiments and grinder fillings.

Fillings would include iceburgh and leafy varieties of lettuce, deli-meats such as ham, tukey, chicken, salami, pepperoni, capiacola, beef, pork, corned beef, meat-balls, and even fish fillet's.

Various sausages such as bologna, braunschweiger, ground-beef, spicy ground-beef, prosciuto, should be included. Include black and green chopped-olives, hot and bell peppers, bean sprouts, avacado, tomato, onion, sweet and dill pickle slices, various herbs, dried red-pepper flakes, and tomato sauce. We should have sour krout here as well.

American, Muenster, Jack, Colby, Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, Mozzarella, gruyere, and cheese spreads should be on hand as well. We should also include ready made sandwich spreads like chicken salad, or ground bologna mixed with salad dressing and sweet pickle-relish.

Now, somebody add something or comment. What about condiments, for instance. What kinds of breads do we offer? Do we serve chili? Most importantly, how do we make this a happening place? What's the name? What kind of music is offered? What's the decor? What about hot-sandwiches, or hot-dip sandwiches? And do we heat them in an oven or a micro-wave?

Let's go. We've got a lot of work to do. Where are we gonna put this thing together?

Possible names; BFIT (Best Food In Town)
Grand Sammy
Fill 'er Up
Obviously, we need more possible names.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

for condiments/toppings, some things might include mayo, ketchup, inglehoffer and regular mustards, relish and pickles, cheese whiz...
sprouts, too.
how about a station for kids with thier faves like PB&j, grilled cheeses, etc., and arcade games?

sorry, sush, but the time had to come. there, there.
if it's any consolation, goodweed came up with this idea long before the cafe opened up, lol. it was nothing against the very lovely cafe.

hi, weed.
so i was saying to jkath that i think we should name our sammiches after our DC friends. they could let us know thier favorites if they want 'thier' special sandwich. what do you think?

the Jkath:
crossaint (or French roll)
1/2 avacado, sliced
thin slices of horseradish white cheddar cheese
3 tomato slices
sliced Tri-Tip steak
with a tiny bit of mayo

good sammich, huh? i am making this VERY soon!

the luvs:
soft multi-grain bread, provolone, avacado, tomato, iceberg or romaine lettuce, sprouts, mayonnaise, and black pepper. best as is, cold, but isn't so bad nuked or grilled.:)

Last edited:
wooo-hoooooooooooo, brooksy! you 'da man! i love buttered white toast w/ vegemite, even though i'm from the USA.
okay, our vegemite toast is gonna be named 'the Brooksy'.

Mmmmm. Love croissants...anything on a croissant - chicken salad, etc., etc.

May we have dessert croissants? CHOCOLATE croissant to go & a hot chocolate.

Can we have my New Yawk fave...chocolate egg cream? Oh, a strawberry malted would be nice. Can we make our own sundaes, banana splits? Whipped cream n cherries n nuts? Soft serve & frozen custard - yogurt?

How 'bout some wraps - tortillas & salsa? OLE!

Build your own fruit salad? Mangos, mango, mangos.

Loaded potato skins?

Chow Mein on a bun?

Hot dogs n chili?

How 'bout a super bowl/party 6-foot long sub?

Lots to think on.

luvs_food said:
wooo-hoooooooooooo, brooksy! you 'da man! i love buttered white toast w/ vegemite, even though i'm from the USA.
okay, our vegemite toast is gonna be named 'the Brooksy'.

Ok Luv's but ya gotta do it right. Hopefully you have one of those sammy presses - toaster thingies.

Here's a really good snack:

1. Decrust your bread slices & roll the bread slices flat.
2. Butter on one side.
3. Flip over and lightly coat (the unbuttered side) with Vegemite and sprinkle with your fav mature chees.
4. Roll up individual slices like Swiss rolls.
5. Place rolls on toaster, lower top & toast till golden, or as desired.

Serve hot.

You know not what you ask.

This is right up my line of work, as I work in the pantry department at my country club.

You need one or two kinds of "wrap" sandwiches, using tortillas.

I really liked a Jamiacan Jerk Chicken Wrap that I used to make, Jerk-marinated chicken breast, grilled then sliced, with a 12" spinach tortilla, tossed salad mix, chopped tomatoes, ranch dressing, then the chicken, wrapped up. Yummy!

You need the basic kinds of breads, white, whole wheat, rye, sourdough, as well as some gourmet stuff, like an herb focaccia, multi-grain, etc.

'Weed, you mentioned a "flame-grill". Does that mean a standard char-broiler? If so, then maybe a few basic burgers. How about a true "Steak sandwich", using thin-cut steaks, like sirloin, char-grilled to medium, served on a toasted hoagie, with some goodies.

How about a blackened chicken sandwich? Maybe on toasted focaccia?

Would the Sammy Shop have access to a commercial electric (gasp!) smoker? I've used one that was about the size of a standard 4-drawer file cabinet. Smoke some pork butt, pull it, and serve on a toasted bun with a good sauce (or two). Tradition would be plain, cheap, nutritionally worthless white bread, but I like a little substance to my breads.

IMHO, any decent sandwich shop has to have a good Rueben (preferable made on light and dark swirled rye), a Cheesesteak Sandwich, a big ol' link of sweet Italian sausage with peppers and onions, etc.

I don't think any sandwiches are complete without a couple soups de jour. Rotate them every day or so, depending on volume of sales and quantity of soups made. Chili, Clam Chowder, Chicken Noodle/Rice, Gumbo, Beef Stew, etc. Heck, you can even use my Chicken Tortilla (since I "borrowed" it from one of my jobs).

I kind of like the "Grand Sammy" name.

THANKS for the suggestions! i'm asking goodweed to take care of this one; i'm toooooooo tired to give the best reply i can.

Ok, I'll work on a menu from the posts we've gotten so far. And I like the Grand Sammy name for the shop as well. That's 2 votes for Gand Sammy. The specialty sandwiches mentioned, well those will be self-built by the customer in the Challenge ssection of the shop. We will supply the ingredients and condiments, you build the sandwich our of whatever ingredients you choose. You can even build something very strange and "challenge" you freinds to eat it. That's part of what makes the Challenge corner so much fun. And then there's always the competitive nature of people. Something like, "Who can build the tastiest "Grand Sammy" contest. And the Sammy hasa to be superb and wonderfully edible.

Gotta get ready for the day-job now. Seeeeeya later.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Sush; We aren't out to do you in, Bro. You have a greater variety of foods, more of an all-around comfortable place where you can get anything your heart desires, but among close freinds, like a very low-key diner, but better. We don't want to put you out of buisness. Rather, we want to enhance our virtual town's restaurant selection and appeal. I'll still be popping by to get somthing special. And since this is a virtual world, I'm now 5'8" tall, wheigh 170, and am more muscular, like I was when I was 21 through 28, (Ha! In the virtual world, I an 26!) and have no diabetes. And I can do thirty pull-ups again. And I can do an iron-cross on the still-rings (never quite could do it in real life, even when I could do the thirty pull-ups followed by a routine of other upper-body exercises. Do I hear someone singing Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" in the background? :LOL:

I can eat virtually anything. :pig: Yeh, I'll be over. My mind is starting to go crazy with the possibilities :mrgreen: .

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Brooksy said:
Ok Luv's but ya gotta do it right. Hopefully you have one of those sammy presses - toaster thingies.

Here's a really good snack:

1. Decrust your bread slices & roll the bread slices flat.
2. Butter on one side.
3. Flip over and lightly coat (the unbuttered side) with Vegemite and sprinkle with your fav mature chees.
4. Roll up individual slices like Swiss rolls.
5. Place rolls on toaster, lower top & toast till golden, or as desired.

Serve hot.
alright, buddy. i'll write your ideas down and post them. you might hafta remind me; i'm kinda flu-ish right now and can't remember much, damm*it!!

hey, weed; it just occurred to me that we have to create our own weed/luvs sammich! it can be called the luvs-weed, lol, but i'm not into THAT stuff, so i was thinking my real name combinedd w/ your handle might be best. 'the aubrey-weed' or something more endearing, like the luvs 'n weed, lol! let me know what you like the best and i'll send you my favorites, and we can compromise on how to combine them?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom