Tonight's Dinner is.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats a great place! We have one a few miles away from me. They give you a LOT of food! :D
1.gif

We have a Basque restaurant that serves family style in Reno, NV that my friends and I like to go to. An organization that I belong to holds meetings there once or twice a year. We usually have 25-30 people at a meeting. The restaurant just keeps bring out plates and plates of food.

Here is their dinner menu.

Traditional Basque Dining
Family Style Dinner
Soup of the Day
Salad
Basque Beans
French Fries
Steak, Lamb Shoulder Chop or Pork Chop (your choice) *
and
Choice of one side dish
Wine
Ice Cream or cheese
Coffee
* Sunday Dinner includes choice of Leg of Lamb, Roast Chicken or Lomo
Adults $14 Children (Under 12) $ 7

Santa Fe Hotel’s Basque Specials :
Oxtail Stew, Meatballs, Paella, Lamb Shanks, Sweetbreads, Beef Stew,
Beef Tonque, Roasted Chicken, Santa Fe Chicken, Chicken with Garbanzos
Lamb Stew, Pork Chops, Lamb Shoulder Chops, Lomo, Leg of Lamb, Pig’s Feet, Bakalao

http://www.themenupage.com/santafebasque.html

Well let's see... some time latter today we are plugging in the crock pot, throwing in a whole bunch of things that where never intended to go into it (sausage and chunks of steak for instance) and making a MEATY chilli.

Btw got a good paella recipy? My friends have been bugging me to give it a shot but I've never made it before. Im gonna use a yellow rice mixture but other than that everything else from scratch.

We are having red beans and rice. Beans with hambone, of course, for Easter! For once I have a whole day off, so will have time to tend to something bubbling away all day on the stove.

Also making many batches of oatmeal raisin cookies for welcome-to-the-neighborhood gifts for the four new households that recently moved in around us.

We're having fried catfish with a crawfish 'supreme' sauce (will post it later in the 'sauces' forum); succotash salad; roasted asparagus; and mashed tater casserole with kale and cheese. For dessert, a boughten fruit tart, 'cause I didn't have time to make anything!

Hmmmm, tonight's red beans are smelling kind of strange. Perhaps that second bone with meat I threw in from the freezer wasn't ham after all. Good thing Tabasco covers all cooking sins......

Back
Top Bottom