Top 10 Best.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, there were 400 quotes on that document. Some of them I think are great, and some of them I can't believe they chose. I did like to see that there were a number of Groucho Marx quotes. His are always memorable.

BC

okay i have a problem... first of all "The Wizard of Oz" was all the way at the bottom of the list. THEN "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" and "Clueless" was on the list but not "The Lost Boys" or "The Mummy" ????????

Wow.. too many to read right now but.. I like

"LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS"

287​
ZED​

Bring out the Gimp.​
PULP FICTION

288 VINCENT

They call it a "Royale with Cheese."

PULP FICTION

From a movie that was filled with quotes, they decide on these two???? :sick: :ermm: :wacko: :huh:

I guess they only do PG-rated quotes.

Mine is #339 (Can you dig it? ) Well thats one of my favorites that i use all the time. Just call me a hippie!! Thanks Sushi.

I don't really think I can decide on an all-time favorite movie quote, but if I had to , it would probably be something out of Fight Club.

My favrite quote as of late (and not b/c I think it's good, but because it's good to laugh at) is in the latest Star Wars film, where Anakin first gets around as Darth Vader, and finds out his wife died giving birth. "...what?!... nnOOOOOOO!!" IMO, Hayden Christiansen totally ruined that line... his cries really sounded forced to me, and the way he tilted his whole body back to give that yell... it looked like a cartoon Frankenstein or something. Super-cheesy.

As for the list I think I'd have to go with #145... such a good movie. Although #94 will forever be a classic. LOL, and THIS is why I can't pick a fav!

college_cook said:
My favrite quote as of late (and not b/c I think it's good, but because it's good to laugh at) is in the latest Star Wars film, where Anakin first gets around as Darth Vader, and finds out his wife died giving birth. "...what?!... nnOOOOOOO!!" IMO, Hayden Christiansen totally ruined that line... his cries really sounded forced to me, and the way he tilted his whole body back to give that yell... it looked like a cartoon Frankenstein or something. Super-cheesy.

Hee Hee. Actually, I'm pretty sure that scene was supposed to be like that. Kind of a nod by George Lucas to the old monster movies. After all, the whole concept of Star Wars supposedly grew out of the Saturday afternoon serials he grew up watching...

And where are some of the greatest lines of the entire Star Wars series???

"I'd rather kiss a wookie!" Liea
"Who's scruffy looking?!?" Han Solo
And of course....
"I have a bad feeling about this..." At least one person in all six movies!

John

Last edited:
jkath said:
John -
The best Star Wars quote (IMO) is between Leia and Han:

"I love you"

"I know"

Yeah, I think Empire Strikes Back may have been the best of the bunch for dialog.

I left out the second part of the wookie quote above...
"I'd rather kiss a wookie"
"I can arrange that!"

And I've been through that whole list, and there is not a single quote from Vegas Vacation!

"Eddie, has anyone ever told you you're bad luck?"
"Those were my mother's dying words, Clark."

John

You forgot the other half..."But I guess if your body's covered in third degree burns, and your foot's caught in a bear trap, you tend to start talkin' crazy. "

More of my favorite VV quotes:

Rusty: "I put a dollar in, I got a car. I put a dollar in, I got a car. I put a dollar in, I got a car. I put a dollar in, I got a car."
---------------------------

Clark: [Clark and Ellen have found Audrey dancing at the Club Aereola] "Audrey! What are you doing? Ten years of tap dancing lessons and this is the way you repay us?"
Audrey: "What? You told me to get a summer job!"
---------------------------------------------------

Rusty: "Holy crap, Wayne Newton's hittin' on Mom!"

college_cook said:
I don't really think I can decide on an all-time favorite movie quote, but if I had to , it would probably be something out of Fight Club.

As for the list I think I'd have to go with #145... such a good movie. Although #94 will forever be a classic. LOL, and THIS is why I can't pick a fav!

Hayden Christiansen can't act in my opinion. He really shouldn't have been cast in this role.... you're right about it looking forced.....

Oh, one other thing from Episode 3 of Star Wars - the whole "Nooo" line, that's Hayden in the suit, but not his voice.

The lines uttered by Vader, as in the original 3 movies, are uttered by the famous voice of CNN - James Earl Jones.

John

Back
Top Bottom