"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 02-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Top Food for dogs AND cats!

Since I have cats I wanted to find the BEST FOOD POSSIBLE for my 2 little buddies. I literay did a minumum of TEN hours in finding out the answer. 8) I have become a dog and cat food expert!! LOL!

Well the conclusion is.... the very BEST DOG & CAT FOOD IS: (drum roll) http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/ Dick Van Pattens: Natural Balance

Who would have though Dick Van Patten has the best animal food??!!!
As a BONUS this is generally 10% LESS than Eukanuba (sp?) and others.

So, did I see results??!! YOU BET! My cats eye color changed to a deeper green and the fur became much softer and didnt shed as much.

And this will be more of a shocker..... if you want pet food that is EQUAL to Eukanuba but at about HALF the cost..... Wal-Marts own brand. I forgot the name..... I DONT think it actually says 'walmart brand' on the package. But the packaging is a silver foil bag with one solid color printing on it.

ALSO: the best resource for cats is at this link: http://www.sedgwickcounty.org/animalcontrol/cats.htm

And for the cat owners..... dont give your cat milk. It gives them upset stomachs AND gas. :(

Old 02-26-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
Re: Top Food for dogs AND cats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-

Well the conclusion is.... the very BEST DOG & CAT FOOD IS: (drum roll) http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/ Dick Van Pattens: Natural Balance

Who would have though Dick Van Patten has the best animal food??!!! :(
That is amazing!!!!

Old 02-26-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
Master Chef

And 'no' I dont have stock in the company.

I would also like to hear what you folks have been feeding your pets. :D
Old 02-26-2005, 10:50 PM   #4
Master Chef

I feed my dog IAMS minichunks dry dog food and Pedigree canned food. He also has a quarter of a cup of milk in the morning.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
Old 02-27-2005, 12:37 AM   #5
Head Chef

But Domino DEMANDS her cream - and these days she's not even satisfied with 1/2 & 1/2 - she wants CREAM!

Doesn't seem to do her any harm and she only gets about an ounce a day.

Go figure!

Old 02-27-2005, 05:17 AM   #6
Head Chef

Thanks DS for the info. I'll check it out. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats to feed.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #7
Executive Chef

If My Gandmother's cat will eat Garlic flavored roast beef, I sure do not know what cat food is best.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:24 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to nicole
We feed our dogs Purina
Old 02-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #9
Master Chef

This is Purina
Ingredients:
Ground yellow corn, poultry by-product meal, corn gluten meal, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), brewers rice, soybean meal, dicalcium phosphate, animal digest, calcium carbonate, malted barley flour, salt, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, choline chloride, zinc sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, DL-Methionine, added color (Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 2), manganese sulfate, manganese proteinate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, brewers dried yeast, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, copper proteinate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, Vitamin B-12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, Vitamin D-3 supplement, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite. O-4101

This is Natural Balance
INGREDIENT LISTING
Chicken, Brown Rice, Duck, Lamb Meal, Oatmeal, Pearled Barley, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols-a source of Vitamin E, Citric Acid, and Rosemary Extract), Natural Flavor, Tomato Pomace, Canola Oil, Brewers Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Carrots, Potassium Chloride, Whole Ground Flaxseed, Dried Kelp, Salt, Parsley Flakes, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplements, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Taurine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Lysine, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Inositol, Folic Acid (Vitamin B, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), D-Activated Animal Sterol (source of Vitamin D-3), Biotin, Ethylene Diamine Dihydriodide (source of Iodine), Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin K Supplement, Sodium Selenite.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:42 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to nicole
Is that bad?