very sad news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jpmcgrew said:
:( TEXASGIRL

That is a great picture it made me really weepy.

Sorry to make you weepy, jp, just thought it was a beautiful memorial to all of the service men and women. I saw it and fell in love with what it seems to be saying. I think it says it all as to what the living vets feel and what the vets that are lost are up there looking down and feeling also.

Add my prayers to the rest. What a sad thing for all their family and friends.

ohhhhhhhh texas... that is a touching picture i love it. okay so my grandfather was a marine in the korean war... he never talked about it. my uncle was a marine in vietnam. he also will not speak of it. i know he continues to be haunted by the memories to this day, waking up 2 or 3 times a night from nightmares. only thing people have concluded was he lost his best buddy in his arms. i think that's just the tip of the iceburg. Let me finish this by saying support our troops, thanks every vet you see. even if you just smile at them they know what you're saying. god bless america. united we stand together we fall. and i really hope nobody is offended by me saying that.

Let me finish this by saying support our troops, thanks every vet you see. even if you just smile at them they know what you're saying. god bless america. united we stand together we fall. and i really hope nobody is offended by me saying that.[/Q

EagleAm.gif
AMEN!!!

I'm so sorry Luvs! I just hope and pray this war is over soon and that the service men don't get the same treatment when they come home that our Vietnam Vets received. I just want it to end peacefully.

I have a brother in law over there working as a civilian. He left last August and was suppose to complete his years work this August but is planning on staying till December now. I worry about him because I fear he will be taken hostage and something horrible will be done to him.

My best friends son-in-law was over there serving (Medic) but he became injured.....fractured feet and hip....crushed between a hummer and a cement barracade. He's been back in the US since last September and I don't think he'll be going back over there. Now her son has enlisted into the Navy and is off to bootcamp in October. I feel better know he's going on to be on a ship though.

My heart goes out to all the innocent people on both sides that are being affected by this war. Prayers to you and your family. Be sure to keep your brother talking and getting those emotions out verbally or else it'll eat him up inside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom