Vote 5 Stars for DC!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Atomic Jed!

For the updated figures! Just wanted you to know i appreciate your updates! :) :chef: Yay!! "Hall Of Fame" here we come!!!

The forum will still be here Heat - we'll just be placed in The Hall of Fame instead of on the voting boards. It's a bitter/sweet thing. All the dedication in getting us into the Hall of Fame will be over. It's kind of like the build-up to Christmas morning - build, build, build, build, build, build, here, ov............ (quicker than you can say it)

Hey those LOOSERS at Chef Talk.com are catching up. :mad: Lets kick up some dust!!!!!!!
38.gif

How many of you have clicked on the Hall of Fame at the top of the Chef to Chef page? We would dissapear off the page once we go to the Hall of Fame...:ermm: :( Mixed feelings...

Hey, Middlie

I just went there. I went to Chef 2 Chef like i was voting. You have to go to Hall of Fame at the top of the page. Then to Culinary Sites on the Internet. Then, click on the one you want to look at! Hope this helps ya!:)

Dove said:
How many of you have clicked on the Hall of Fame at the top of the Chef to Chef page? We would dissapear off the page once we go to the Hall of Fame...:ermm: :( Mixed feelings...

Yeah, Dove - I mentioned this several days ago! Once we move off into the Hall of Fame we will not be the #1 site any more - we will be a has been! I, IMHO, feel we will be more visable "on the list" than off in the hall of fame.

Now, to set Deadly Sushi's mind at ease ... the #2 site isn't making any significant gains on us at the moment. At their current rate, even it we didn't get another vote, it would take them 126 days to catch us! They only aver about 2.5-2.8 5-star votes per day, and they are 356 5-star votes behind us. The site behind us making the greatest gains is #7 ... they have been averaging about 7.5 - 8 per day for the past 2 weeks ... and they are 2,116 5-Star votes behind us! It would take them 266 days at that rate to catch us, if we didn't get another vote.

The question is: Do we want to remain the #1 site for a couple or three months, by slowing down our voting, or do we want to rush off into obscurity as quickly as possible? If nobody voted for 4 months. and then we only got 3 5-Star votes per day ... we could finess this into our being the #1 spot for just over 6 months!

Perhaps, change the "Tittle" of this thread to,.. Don't vote 5 Stars (and let all that we have surpassed, catch and ,pass us, while we Gloat and bask in # 1 ? (what if there is a limited allocation in "Hall of Fame"? (Just thinkin) (an observation),......:) Atomic Jed!

Hey Atomic Jed, It makes me wonder what we should do. If anything? Thanks for your opinion. I think we may need others opinions on this too. See what everyone thinks on this matter? :rolleyes:

Atomic Jed said:
Perhaps, change the "Tittle" of this thread to,.. Don't vote 5 Stars (and let all that we have surpassed, catch and ,pass us, while we Gloat and bask in # 1 ? (what if there is a limited allocation in "Hall of Fame"? (Just thinkin) (an observation),......:) Atomic Jed!

Poor AJ .... getting an ulcer over nothing. :blink:

If you ckeck out the Hall of Fame you'll see there are reserved spots ... and we're next in line for one. Actually, the Hall is expandable ...

Now, as for us being complacent, resting on our laurels, or "gloating" in our #1 position if we slow down and only vote once a week ... the #2 site is 387 5-Star votes behind us .. and their avg for the past 130 days is 3.14 but for the past month is about 2.81 5-Star votes per day. Whip out your calculator and figure this .... 387 / 2.81 = 137.7224... to catch up to us. 137 / 30.5 (avg days between 30 and 31 day months) = 4.49 months.

Looking at it another way ... 2.81 X 7 = 19.67 5-star votes per week .... and if our core voting members only voted once a week ... we would still get more votes per week than they do. And, if they suddenly got VERY active ... all it would take would be a call to the faithfull to vote again and we would be in the clear.

But ... the discussion is probably moot since we have only had a small decrease in voting in the past 5 days. We should have over 8,000 total votes, and 40,000 points in the next 10 days.

The site will still be here - don't you want us in The Hall of Fame? People can click on The Hall of Fame and see us as already having accomplished something wonderful. I've visited those sites in The Hall of Fame - other people will also.

Last edited:
kitchenelf said:
... don't you want us in The Hall of Fame?
Humm ... I can hear a couple of folks chopping wood to roast me at the stake for being a heretic. :shock:

The question has been, "Do we want to remain on the C2C Top 100 List as #1 a little longer before moving off into the Hall of Fame for the purpose of maximum visibility?" It was never to say that we should not take our rightful place among our peers in the Hall of Fame. It was merely to stimulate discussion and elicit some thoughts on the subject. Specifically, would we attract more attention and traffic on the Top 100 list than in the Hall of Fame?

chesterchippy said:
I've wondered if others found this site because of it's rise in status at chef2chef.
A month ago I posted the question, "How did you find Discuss Cooking" and got responses from only 35 members. I was interested in finding out if anyone came here because they found us on the C2C Top 100 List. Here were the results:

Food Network Refugees: 19
Personal Referals: 5
Unknown/Don't Remember: 4
Newspaper Article: 1
Google Search: 4
Link from another Website: 2

Obviously, with only a 0.01% sampling of the entire registered members ... not much help on this question. So, the question of how many found us from C2C still remains unanswered.

How many here are aware that C2C has a "Culinary Excellence" award ... and a "Site of the Month" award that if we got it we could display on our website? I would be most interested in hearing from anyone else who has contacted Chef David about this ... and what his reply was. He, or one of the C2C Ambassadors, will be looking at our site in the next few days to evaluate us for one of these awards. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them.

Back
Top Bottom