Vote 5 Stars for DC!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rainee, if you're going to the Chef2Chef website to vote then it shouldn't be a gateway problem. I'm willing to bet it is a firewall setting that is not passing on the referral URL. I don't have your firewall software so I can't tell you how to change the configuration, but look for a way to change your security settings so that it will allow you to send the referral URL to Chef2Chef specifically. This way your only allowing a specific site to see that information. Your manual, or firewall software help files, should tell you how to do this, or maybe there are some FAQ's on their website that address this problem. Sorry I can't give the exact directions on how to fix it.

Here's kind of what is going on ... when you log onto the internet your ISP host server assigns you an IP address. This is how it communicates with you. If you have a static IP address then it will always be the same number ... if you have a dynamic IP address and different address is assigned each time you log onto the server. It appears that this IP address is how Chef2Chef keeps track of who has voted. That's why you can vote at the office and then go home and vote again, or why you can vote, turn the computer off and come back a little later and vote again. If your firewall isn't letting your host server pas that IP address on to C2C, it won't let you vote because it has no way to track your voting.

Of course, the rules say that a person is only allowed to vote for any single site once a day - although you can vote for more than one site a day.

snoopy.gif
We are #4!!!!!

mudbug said:
I'm thinkin' he'll look mighty cute. New post to the Photo Gallery comin' up!

Not sure I want to go to sleep with that image in my mind! :ROFLMAO:

But, I will have to admit, AJ has been doing a great job encouraging people to vote! For the first 10 days of March, before AJ started this thread, our daily average was only about 20 5-star votes per day, since then it has gone up to about 30!!! The last 3 days has been crazy ... averaging about 42.

Michael, can't seem to figure it out. looks like the vote button is a java applet, but the voting window opens. Checked the firewall java settings, everything looks good there.

Not sure what it is.

From work I'm running DHCP, cable modem from home.

Yes come on everyone lets make it to 3rd place fast. We can do it! Look how fast we went from 6th to 4th!! Yay!! I just voted proudly:)

Yay! 239.1 More Five Star Votes! and WE Move up to #3!!! ( WE Did 226 Five Star votes in Ten days) (to get US up to #6 (now #4!!! ) VOTE!!! Team! Family! Friends! Fellow Culinarians! And HAPPY EASTER ALL!!! :) Atomic Jed!

Vote, vote, vote people.

We could move up this week.

As we get more guests and registered members .... we're also getting more votes each day! YEAH! :clap:

In the next week(s) ....

When Chef2Chef updates the "Top 100 Culinary Sites" list around the first of the month (april 1-4 probably) the current #1 site should move off into the "Hall of Fame" .. and bump us all up a notch.

Even if they don't ... according to my weegie board .....

We should move up a notch about April 6 at the current voting rate ... and another bump up about April 21.

Why do we have a little, hardly visable: [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vote 5 stars for us at Chef2Chef everyday![/font] hidden at the top right corner of the page above the Google thingie when we could proudly dislay:

Back
Top Bottom