Wedding Reception Report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Man that's a lot of work! I baked 5 cakes that came out just great. A good freind decorated them and had the hardware to turn them into a very nice wedding cake. I found that you make Potatoes Anna in a cake pan, not a spring-form pan, as the butter leaks all over the oven from a springform pan (very smokey house but great potatoes:oops:). The barbecued turkey was a huge hit, very juicy and that great flavor from the grill.

My two younger children helped a bit, but not much. They just didn't have the time. My older sister was given the task of cooking the beef, a 28 lb. inside round. I pre-cooked/seared it on the grill Friday evening. I sent the refrigerated roast with cooking instructions to her house in a suitable roasting pan. The directions were to cook it in a 250 degreen oven and remove it when the meat thermometer read 135. I figured reddish center, graduating to ping, then grey as you moved to the outside. But you know older siblings. She just had to do it her way. She competes with me every time I get her involved in any kind of cooking, thinking she can do it better. The result, overcooked beef that was still fairly juicy, when it was first carved. But it quickly dried out and was bland in flavor. And this had started out as a premium inside round. I had to cut a small chunk off to make it fit the pan and had fried that chunk up to test the flavor. Done the way I wanted it, it had excellent flavor, without a lot of seasoning. I wasn't happy.

The reception wsa great though. My daughter's freinds, and some of the people who helped her grow into the wonderful young lady that she is, were there. Jessie and her new husband, Roland were the center of attention. I made sure of that. The food was good, but was chosen so as not to be the star of the shebang. The married couple was the star, and that made for one very happy Dad.

Well, work calls and it's time to go.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, the menu sounds perfect as does the entire reception! I'm sure everyone had a fabulous time. Congratulations again!

aww, c'mon goodweed, don't be so modest. i'm sure your food was awesome and really set the tone for a great party.
well, at least you sent them off (into the dark, forboding abyss of marriage :evil: just kidding) with good full and happy bellies...

Oh don't worry about the food quality and its popularity. My youngest (18) has informed me that her reception will be substantially larger and require catering. But, I will be expected to provide at least 2 barbecued turkeys because they are the best she's ever eaten. I hear that too much. Learning to do something well is a source of personal pride, but can be a source of much work;-) . I've been informed, it's a dad's job to barbecue turkeys, and my special recipe cole slaw.:)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom