Weird things you throw together when you're hungry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay, I will - miracle whip or mayonnaise?

Now, you need to try my PB, L & M - making sure the lettuce is in the middle! It's best on sourdough, I think.

Okay its a deal, I will try it too. As for mayo or miracle whip? Use what you like the best. I prefer mayo. :)

Make sure you only put mayo on the side that you have the banana on. Not on the peanut butter side.

Cottage cheese with hot baked beans on top.

When I was a kid I loved left over pancakes made into a sandwich with peanutbutter and jam. I will have to try that again soon!

:) Barbara

jkath the applesauce and mac n cheese isn't weird cause i did it too. also stirred ketchup in my corn, or put my corn on my potatoes.

Can Of ....

:pig: I eat a can of my favorite canned or bagged veggie, peas, corn, right out of the can or just slightly warmed on the stove.....:ermm:

Garnish

i eat right out the can, too. usually peas, sausage ravioli or french-cut green beans. i go all out with the green beans and douse them in worcestershire. :LOL:i also like hot black beans with red wine vinegar, garlic and hot sauce.
peanut butter and dill pickles on white bread, too. it's really, really good! i swear!

Last edited:
middie said:
jkath the applesauce and mac n cheese isn't weird cause i did it too. also stirred ketchup in my corn, or put my corn on my potatoes.

Me too! I think our moms bought the same TV dinners!

However, my sister did this weird thing when we were young. Every time we went out for mexican food, she'd order an enchilada with rice and beans. When it arrived, she'd stir everything up together till it looked like mush and then proceed to eat it.

middie said:
put my corn on my potatoes.
I always put things on my mashed potatoes (especially creamed corn or creamed peas--I guess since I love gravy and sauces so much, that is close), and I will get a fork-full of mashed potatoes and dip it into my regular corn or peas.

:) Barbara

i like white rice topped with applesauce and cinnamon, and i'll eat just about anything cold. I have a not so fond childhood memory involving potato-chip ketchup sandwiches... my dad had just got off the midnight shift, and when i was 5 i always woke up at like 6 AM, but I was allowed to make breakfast (milk/cereal) for myself if i wanted while my dad slept a bit. i decided to get creative one morning, and got myself sick on chips and ketchup. I threw up later that day, and my dad was like "What is THAT?!" Very sheepishly i replied chips and ketchup.... needless to say , my "cooking" priveleges were revoked, lol

IcyMist said:
I absolutely love tuna fish sandwich stuffed with potato chips. Ummmmm
Me too Icy, yummy HUH?:LOL: Of course any ammie is improved by jamming in potato chips :ROFLMAO: I love em that way.
kadesma:)

middie said:
i do that too. either corn, cream of chicken soup, or ravioli right out of the can. yummy

I have not done this for awhile, but your post reminded me that I used to keep a can of ravioli or spaghetti-o's in my work truck for emergencies. When I had to work late, usually late night lightning fires or a fire of some sort, I would open a can and eat it right then and there. :ermm:

Cream corn is the best right of the the can. :)

sierra, i used to come stumbling in after keggers when i was a teenager just STARVING! i'd eat creamed corn out of the can.

i'd also eat progresso black bean soup with red wine vinegar and jarred minced garlic added, and microwaved mrs. paul's fish fillets, mini egg rolls, and totino's rolls, all drowned in ketchup.
uck!
what was i THINKING?

As a kid I loved microwaved ketchup sandwiches, just ketchup on bread and you zap it. Up until I started eating healthier, I liked ravioli or canned beef-a-roni cold, straight from the can.

My all-time favorite strange food has to be french fries covered in chocolate ice cream! The best is soft serve, spread liberally over the fries. Very tasty!:chef: Alas, my teeth are now too sensitive to eat ice cream, so when I have fries I have to make do with mayo instead.

rob, a big thing around here is dipping fries in wendy's frosties.

i used to do that, but i can't decide whether they have chocolate in them or not, so i had to quit buying them.

think they might be malt, but i'm not 'takin a chance.

Back
Top Bottom