"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
Old 03-10-2005, 08:57 AM   #11
Send a message via AIM to nicole
The story I am about to tell is a really bad Blonde day.( I have those quite a bit). One time I was turning on a green light and my car stalled, Luckly it was a little hill, I coasted in a gas station and stopping with my emergency break. Blocking the way to get in. My car was completly dead, Stearing wheel dead, breaks dead, EVERYTHING dead. I went into the gastation to call my husband. Of course, he wasn't home, After waiting 20 min. I saw him drive by and luckly he saw my car and stopped. I was telling him what happened. He looked under the hood, Nothing. He tried to start my car, Nothing. We pushed it out of the way so people can get by. Ok.... here is the best part. Nothing was wrong with my car except is was completly OUT of GAS. I was so embarassed. My husband never let me live that down.

Old 03-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #12
LOL to you Nicole...been there, done that, and I'm NOT blonde!

PA, holy cow! Thank goodness for your guardian angels! I am so glad to hear you are safe. I sure hope they can find the problem and fix it, otherwise you are never going to be at ease in that car again. I think it sounds electrical too...not that I am any kind of expert, but it has happened to me before too.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Old 03-10-2005, 10:37 AM   #13
Master Chef
I just checked with the garage and they're still looking. The dealership just changed owners and so far we're not too impressed. The service manager told me that he's thinking that "the car just done decided to act up" on me. That makes me feel better!
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
Old 03-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #14
Executive Chef
'The service manager told me that he's thinking that "the car just done decided to act up" on me.'

That sounds really professional!:roll:
Old 03-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #15
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Sounds like the guy who told my dad when the the transmission went out on my truck that "the tranny just up and broke"! My dad said "well yeah, I know that but fix it!"

PA, I'm glad you're OK & I hope they'll figure it out soon. I have bad luck with cars, I can be driving & the car start acting up & tell hubby about it & when he goes out to drive it it does just fine. It's annoying to say the least!
"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
Old 03-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
PA, glad to hear that you are all right. Shoot that car.
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Glad you're ok PA - what an ordeal - and in the cold too!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 03-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #18
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by PA Baker
Thanks everyone!:)

It's a three-year old Jeep Liberty. I was thinking (hoping) it was something to do with all of the ice and wind we've been having. At least that would make for more affordable repairs!
Glad you're okay, PA. Have to chuckle..."Affordable Repairs?" See my oxymoron list. No such thing in Los Angeles.

BT, no prob. Here the cops just pistle whip ya...kidding. I Love a man in uniform.

Middie, think I bought your car, LOL. Mine stalled years back & dealer said was a computer short. Only computer available to match my vehicle was in the Mid West somewhere. To make a long story short, one of my ex boyfriends said, you just paid $1000 to buy your old computer back. I love L.A.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #19
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Maybe you should call a Jeep dealership that is from an area where they get more business. Close to a large city. Hopefully they might be able to give you some good input?
Here is their toll free number:
Jeep of Naperville

3300 Ogden Ave.

888- 866-7251

Hope it helps :)
Old 03-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #20
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
MSG #00185 November 05, 2004 - Chrysler 2.7 Engine Failure
On Nov 3, 2004, I was driving my two youngest children to school. I was on an interstate highway traveling 55 mph, in light rain when my engine started tapping loudly, the oil light came on and then the engine light and then the car shut down. All of this happened within one minute, at over 50 mph. Luckily there was a wide soft shoulder that I was able to coast on to. I proceeded to bring the car to a stop where I tried to restart the car, unsuccessfully. I called for a tow truck and had the car taken to Chrysler. They told me my engine was sludged and that I would need a replacement for 6500$ I couldn't afford that so I had to roll the remaining loan left on the car, 9,150$ worth into a lease on another car. They only gave me 3000$ trade in on a 2000 luxury Concorde with 56000 miles. That was disgusting. My VIN number was ............... As soon as this lease thing with this jeep liberty is over I will never trust Chrysler again. If my wife was driving when this happened, i am afraid she would not have been able to handle the car in that weather and in that speed. I was told that this damage was my fault because I didn't maintain the car, but my garage is full of equipment that I oil change and maintain my vehicles. I have a 96 Plymouth with 130,000 miles. My last two cars, both Dodge/Chrysler products, had over 120,000 before I moved on to the Concorde and the Plymouth. I think that attests to my maintaining cars and the failure of this 2.7 liter garbage. I hope you can help us.