What an afternoon--thanking my lucky stars!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mish said:
Best solution - when the ashtrays get dirty, buy a new car.

LOL--that means I'd have the same car for the rest of my life, mish! We don't smoke so the most that's ever in the ashtrays are some coins. :LOL:

DS, what kind of oil were you using? Some are real bad with the sludge stuff.

it's fun to watch smokers try to use their ash trays in newer cars. many of them still have a small ashtray-like compartment, but it is often lined with cloth or felt. they smoke up pretty good when you put a cigarette out in them.

PA Baker said:
LOL--that means I'd have the same car for the rest of my life, mish! We don't smoke so the most that's ever in the ashtrays are some coins. :LOL:

Invite some smoking friends over, lol...kidding. Oh you're one of those I keep gum & coins in my car ashtray ha ha.

Actually, for safety/maintenance & higher resale value sake...if you keep the car one year & sell it, you'll always be driving a new car. Just a thought.

BT, that felt stuff must have been put in by the people who want revenge on us smokers.

Actually, for safety/maintenance & higher resale value sake...if you keep the car one year & sell it, you'll always be driving a new car. Just a thought.
You will be in the hole more and more too. Depreciation is largest the 1st year. So you would probably take a $8k to $13k hit a YEAR. :shock: Thats a LOT of moolah!
But Mish IS correct.... you would have a new car every year. :LOL:

PA Baker said:
Everything just completely died. I couldn't get the steering wheel to un-freeze or the engine to turn over. I ended up spending the afternoon waiting for AAA (2 hours in the cold!) and then waiting for DH to be able to get out of a meeting to come get me at the garage. The only good thing that came out of it was I didn't make it back to work!

Best part about it is the garage can't find anything wrong with the car! It worked fine just for them!:shock:

My car used to do that when I turned the steering wheel too far one way or another, where it literally would not turn anymore. A bummer. Happy you are ok and that a lost day at work is the worst that happened.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom