what are some good movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, crewsk - havin' a brain fart there for a minute. I also liked Second Hand Lions, but then I like anything Michael Caine is in. Pretty much goes for Robert Duvall as well, come to think of it. He has a farm near where I live.

On the subject of scary movies, has anyone seen "The Ring?" I hear it's pretty freaky, haven't seen it yet. I love a good scary, suspense film, I can't stand a chainsaw-bloody-death type of film. That's just gross.

crewsk said:
Has anyone seen Matchstick Men or Ray?
These were both great movies!!! I saw Matchstick Men a while ago and it was such a good movie. Much better than I expected.

Ray we just watched a week ago. It was very good as well. Very depressing at time, but uplifting at the end. And of course the music is great!

Saw is alright but not a watch over and over movie, (National Treasure) is the next one I want to see. (In Enemy Hands) was good. Barbara liked ( The Notebook) and ya its a Mushy Movie but good. ( Alien VS Predator) is good. Going to watch (Ladder 49) tonight. (Anocondas) was good. I liked (Taxi). (Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow) was good also. Have you seen ( The Day after Tomorrow) . I have seen way to many movies the last couple of years. at least 400 in that time. but that should get you started. Have you seen ( Left Behind or Left Behind II yet ?) Those are good movies too!

Hello Dampcharcoal, (The Ring) is Good and they are done with the Ring 2 which Barbara and I will see.

I just saw The Grudge last week and, while indeed 'creepy', I thought it was garbage and would never recommend it. The Ring, on the other hand IS good... as is The Forgotten.

I also saw Friday Night Lights which, I think, is one of the better 'sports movies' ever made. Some seem to like Brian's Song but I think that movie is now so dated and cheesy.

By now most people have probably seen Unforgiven, Clint Eastwood's Western with Danny Glover and Gene Hackman. I really liked that movie.

I saw The Day After Tomorrow in the theater and thought it was worth seeing... as with most big special effects films, the writing was not that great... (unlike The Matrix).

I also thought Vanilla Sky was an interesting movie...

I guess there are a lot out there, huh? And I'm sure there are a ton of good ones I'm missing.

Last edited:
pdswife.........i rented The Imitation of Life and watched it Sat when I came home from work. It was really good. I'm going to have to check out block busters older movie section because the local one here doesn't have a very good older movie section.

I also really like Second Hand Lion.

maidrite, Ladder 49= great
grudge= scaaaaary
The day after tomorrow= great movie
The ring2= not allowed to watch it.

My mom watched madhouse= she said it was scary and she usually doesn't get scared, she said she had to watch it with out the sound! Not, allowed to see that either.

mudbug said:
good chick flicks

Love, Actually
Sisters of the Divine Ya-Ya Sisterhood (or something like that)
Gosford Park
The Rose Tatto (an oldie)
Philadelphia Story (another oldie)

there's plenty more, nicole.
love actually is good,and i watched philadelphia story a couple minths back,i'd day its worth watching...

DampCharcoal said:
On the subject of scary movies, has anyone seen "The Ring?" I hear it's pretty freaky, haven't seen it yet. I love a good scary, suspense film, I can't stand a chainsaw-bloody-death type of film. That's just gross.
i watched "identity" last weekend,pretty scary,couldnt go to bathroom alone after that...lol

We watched Matchstick Men last night & as it was comming on I realized that I had seen it before. I still enjoyed it & found a few things that I had missed the first time I saw it.

I decided yesterday to go through my nearly 300 collection of video movies. Watched All The President'e Men with Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman; then Bone Collector with Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. Both are really excellent films, and while you can never forget the outcome of a fact based movie (ATPM) I had forgotten some of the details, and I had nearly forgotten some of the BC. Loved them both again. Guess I will do the same tonight, and with summer coming and nothing worth watching on, probably the evenings will be spent watching movies.

hey, i love movies so i can reccomend alot!!
SAW- i like the gory rather then the scary
Pearl Harbor - awesome movie
Wrong Turn
Cinderella Story
The Sandlot
Twisted
Alex and Emma-cute/chick flick
Man on Fire-Very Good
ladder 49-I crried

When i think of more i will post :) what kind of movies do you like? i can help you that way. . .

Melissa

Back
Top Bottom