"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 03-09-2005, 08:41 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to nicole
what are some good movies

Ok,I joined Blockbuster and my online movie list is getting very slim. What are some good movies worth watching? What is your favorite movie ?

Old 03-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #2
Master Chef

I just watched The Notebook last weekend and I have to say its the best movie I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend it. We also rented Save The Last Dance with Richard Greer. I have to confess I'm not a Jennifer Lopaz fan but she did her part well in this movie....but she didn't have a whole lot of speaking parts. Another good one I've watched several times so far is Cold Mountain with Nicole Kidman.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #3

Sizzlin, Im not too fond about mushy movies.

Notebook? is that mushy
Save the last dance= I think I might watch that. Im not to fond of her either but, i like Richard Greer. I've seen Cold Mountain.
Thanks.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
Master Chef

Then you probably won't like it. Its a love story. I'm a romantic at heart. I'll take a love story anyday over someone getting shot or blown up or someone doing some stupid antics for a laugh. I generally am the only one in the room when I pop in my movies.....girlie movies the guys say. And I exit the room when stupid movies come on like Dumb & Dumber or goory ones.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:42 AM   #5
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
Kill Bill Pts 1&2

Saw

Dodgeball

Napoleon Dynamite

I Heart Huckabees

Saved

Ray

Collateral
Old 03-09-2005, 09:46 AM   #6

Erik, I desperatly want to see Saw. Ever since I had my daughter I can not watch scary movies. Every light in my house will be on All night. My mom rented it and called me to tell me that I wasn't allowed to watch it. She knows how I get with scary movies. The last scary movie I watched was the grudge. Oh my! was that ever so scary. I was at her house watching it and I made her come with me everwhere I went (even the bathroom) Yeah I know Im 24 but, that was a scary movie.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:03 AM   #7
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Erik, I watched Saw a couple of weeks ago & I loved it! Although I keep imagining a pig following me now.:oops:

Has anyone seen Matchstick Men or Ray? My mil gets movies from Blockbuster online all the time & then sends them to us to watch & send back. She just sent these 2 to us & we haven't had a chance to watch them.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:06 AM   #8

Crewks, Matchstick man was very good. My mom said Ray was very good also. I haven't sen it yet
Old 03-09-2005, 11:08 AM   #9
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Thanks nicole! We have some friends comming over Saturday for dinner & I think we're going to watch one of them then.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:14 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
I just watched The Notebook last weekend and I have to say its the best movie I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend it. We also rented Save The Last Dance with Richard Greer. I have to confess I'm not a Jennifer Lopaz fan but she did her part well in this movie....but she didn't have a whole lot of speaking parts. Another good one I've watched several times so far is Cold Mountain with Nicole Kidman.
jen lopez and richard gere r in "shall we dance",save the last dance is another old movie with julia styles starring in it :)