"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 06-06-2005, 03:51 PM   #1
Master Chef

What is your earliest memory?

Silly, Yes I know. But interesting.

I remember being at my great grandparents one Easter and taking a nap when I heard someone talking and I peeked out under my eyelids and there is my momma talking to a big pink Easter bunny through an open window.
All these years later, I always thought that it was my step dad. WRONG, my aunt told me that it was my real daddy and I was 2 years old
My daddy died when I was 6 from a brain atrophe. He had been in a va hospital for 4 years from it.
the only memory I have of him and he's in a costume and I can't see his face .

How far back do you have a memory of?

Old 06-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #2
Sous Chef

At least you have a memory that showed that your father loved you. Not many men will get dressed up in a bunny suit. I honestly can't remember that far back. Afraid I had one of those fathers that you try and forget and so my memories really don't start until I was about 4.

My earliest memory ended up getting me whipped by my grandmother and then my mother. :) My grandmother was babysitting my brother and I and I did something wrong, can't remember what it was but my grandmother was coming after me yelling all the way. I was outside (she lived in a trailer) and when I saw her I started running around the trailer away from her. (We were warned never, ever to leave her yard, so thank goodness I remembered that and stayed in the yard). She started chasing me still yelling and telling me to come to her. Well I thought that I could just keep running around in circles until she tired out. Unfortunately for me, Namaw stopped short and I ran right into her. Boy I couldn't sit for several days after that. :) What a brat I was!!!! But to make matters worse all the while my grandmother was spanking me she was LAUGHING!!!!!

Old 06-06-2005, 05:09 PM   #3
Master Chef

my first one is of going down the stairs carrying a stuffed bird that i had, and my Dad said that i had to turn around and start over on going down the steps because i was putting both feet on the steps before going down to the next one instead of one foot per stair.
i was about two then.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
Master Chef

i just thought of another one. i'm not sure if this one came first or not, but i just remember being in my crib at my Grandparent's house and it being dark in my room. i know i had my charlie brown blanket over me. not a significant memory or anything. just something that i remember.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #5
Chief Eating Officer

It was very dark and warm and then whoooose, cold and bright.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #6
Sous Chef

Lol.................
Old 06-06-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
the earliest memory i have... i was about a year and a half old. me, my mom, and my dad went to visit my aunt. i remember my aunt taking a picture of me with my 2 cousins. according to my mother it was right after i got burned on my arm. thankfully i don't remember that.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #8

I remember my first birthday party.

I had gotten a brand new swing set, and all of my older cousins were swinging on it. I was in my high chair being fed my birthday cake. I was mad cause they wouldn't let me swing on my own swing set, but everybody else was! Boy I was ticked off!

Earlier that same day, because mom was busy playing hostess, I slipped away into the living room. I headed towards the "forbidden" table of knick knacks I was eager to play with.

Just as I got within arm reach, my maternal grandma stopped me. I was sooooo mad!
Old 06-06-2005, 05:35 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
awww chef they all ruined your first birthday... what meanie poo poo heads
Old 06-06-2005, 05:35 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
It was very dark and warm and then whoooose, cold and bright.
GB, your so crazy!!