What is your food quirk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my old supervisor used to make baked potatoes (sweet and regular) in the morning, and carry one in each pocket in the winter for hand warmers on the subway. he'd eat them later with breakfast. in the summer, he'd make them the night before and then freeze them to hold on his neck and face to keep cool in the summer, and eat them cold when they thawed.

i love vegemite and i didn't order my first jar till i was 23. want to put a grown man in tears? let him think he's a tough-guy. then give him a big spoonful of vegemite.
the look on my Dad's face was priceless; we're American and vegemite is new to us.
my Dad did the same thing with wasabi. he scoffed ('how hot can it be?' says Dad). tee-hee. he learned the answer to this very quickly.

Luvs - have you tried Marmite? I love marmite, but don't think vegemite is so good - but them I'm English and not Australian LOL! Have you tried it thinly spread on hot, buttered, toasted English muffins? Double yum!

My food quirks: Eating Bush's Vegetarian baked beans cold, straight out of the tin.....Yuuuummmmmmmmyyyyyyyy

Paint.

My oldest step-sister moved to New Zealand a few years ago. She's sent me a care package of local cookbooks and some local condiments. Sadly, I've lost all the condiments over the years, but still have the cookbooks. I remember there was a small jar of Marmite, but I never got around to trying it.

One quirk that PeppA and her Mom have, is whenever they make Tuna-Noodle casserole, they always top it with raw onions and crumbled Sour Cream and Chines Lays Potato Chips. I have no idea why. They will not eat Tuna Noodle casserole any other way.

paint, i haven't tried marmite but i'll end up getting a jar one day, i think. i love to read about the rivalries between vegemite and marmite, lol.
18.gif
i haven't tried it on an english muffin, just on buttered toast, but that sounds good.

sc and paint, have yous goils tried bush's maple bacon baked beans. they are so good hot or cold.

luvs_food said:
i love vegemite and i didn't order my first jar till i was 23. want to put a grown man in tears? let him think he's a tough-guy. then give him a big spoonful of vegemite.
the look on my Dad's face was priceless; we're American and vegemite is new to us.....

Good on you Luv's. at least you don't think I'm crazy. :LOL: :LOL: (probably the only one)

Marmite is for wimps anyway.... :LOL:

Am very jealous of the varieties of baked beans you guys can get. I love them too, much to MDW's disgust.. Really is the magical fruit.. :LOL:

Brooksy said:
luvs_food said:
the look on my Dad's face was priceless; we're American and vegemite is new to us.....

Good on you Luv's. at least you don't think I'm crazy. :LOL: :LOL: (probably the only one)

Marmite is for wimps anyway.... :LOL:

Am very jealous of the varieties of baked beans you guys can get. I love them too, much to MDW's disgust.. Really is the magical fruit.. :LOL:

18.gif

i'll think of you next time i have some vegemite toast, brooks. :D
i'm another fan of cold baked beans, but i usually chalk that up to severe inebriation and the subsequent laziness. ;)

buckytom said:
sc and paint, have yous goils tried bush's maple bacon baked beans. they are so good hot or cold.

Yes - they're yummy too, but the Vegetarian beans taste the closest to what British baked beans taste like (actually, Bush's beans are better!) - We also like them on toast, with a soft poached egg on top. It's weird - Heinz make the most famous baked beans (and soups) back in England, but they don't sell them in America, and of course Heinz is an American company :? Very strange :)

Paint.

Paint said:
buckytom said:

Yes - they're yummy too, but the Vegetarian beans taste the closest to what British baked beans taste like (actually, Bush's beans are better!) - We also like them on toast, with a soft poached egg on top. It's weird - Heinz make the most famous baked beans (and soups) back in England, but they don't sell them in America, and of course Heinz is an American company :? Very strange :)

Paint.

paint, they sell hienz beans here in one store. :D

LOL Luvs - which store? I know you can get them in World Markets and in most of the British Stores, but I don't bother - Bush's are best! LOL!

Paint.

Try this......Make Creamed Chipped Beef and pour it over a hot dog and bun instead of chili. Yummy :!:

I wouldn't do this eating out, but when I have my over easy eggs, I eat the white around the yolks and then pop the yolks in my mouth whole. It's a flavor/sensation thig.

Paint said:
LOL Luvs - which store? I know you can get them in World Markets and in most of the British Stores, but I don't bother - Bush's are best! LOL!

Paint.
bush's baked beans are the best huh? :D i love the onion-y ones.
they have Hienz baked beans here at Giant Eagle; it's a locally-based chain that i am pretty sure has stores in Pa, ohio and WVa.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom