What News Sources Do You Use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Catseye said:
Periodically I go through a phase of not watching any news at all. I'll suffer an abrupt epiphany of fed-upness at the sorry state of the world and of humanity and declare a moratorium. I'm in one of those phases now, precipitated by a certain event in November Which Shall Remain Nameless Since This Is Not A Political Forum. :D So I tune into CNN every morning to catch the top-of-the-hour headlines, just in case something out of the ordinarily hideous has happened, and when it hasn't, I'll switch it off and that will be it newswise til the next morning.

It will pass, it always does. Then I'll go back to watching CNN, C-SPAN and Jon Stewart's Daily Show, along with my two daily news mailing lists and my local paper.

Cats

Cats, I beliebe you and I walk the same path. Thinking of making a run for the border but cannot decide whether to go south since all of them are coming here or north to the cold country, you know up the maple leaf. I will PM you an opinion.

I read the local paper and watch the local tv news. Other than that, the national news is just plain depressing and pretty much just raises my blood pressure.

I also subscribe to Times and Newsweek. When the Man of the Year issue comes in, I'm going to burn it without reading it.

Psiguyy said:
I read the local paper and watch the local tv news. Other than that, the national news is just plain depressing and pretty much just raises my blood pressure.

I also subscribe to Times and Newsweek. When the Man of the Year issue comes in, I'm going to burn it without reading it.

GO psiguyy, I cancelled my subscription.

google.com
CNN
Local city news
Dutch papers and newscasts
BBC news
For news from home I read the Denver Post and the headlines on one of the Denver tv stations. channel 7.

I have already replied here, but I did forget one I watch. OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) has Jim Leherer and I love his news show, no commercials, so if I miss my local at 6 I catch him at 7. Occasionally I watch BBC and get Norway Post on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom