"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 12-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Hey Catseye, try ananova.com for good offbeat news stories. It's a site from across the pond that can cure the daily news blues! :D

Old 12-21-2004, 05:31 PM   #22
Senior Cook

None.

I don't believe in any of it any more.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:33 PM   #23
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catseye
Periodically I go through a phase of not watching any news at all. I'll suffer an abrupt epiphany of fed-upness at the sorry state of the world and of humanity and declare a moratorium. I'm in one of those phases now, precipitated by a certain event in November Which Shall Remain Nameless Since This Is Not A Political Forum. :D So I tune into CNN every morning to catch the top-of-the-hour headlines, just in case something out of the ordinarily hideous has happened, and when it hasn't, I'll switch it off and that will be it newswise til the next morning.

It will pass, it always does. Then I'll go back to watching CNN, C-SPAN and Jon Stewart's Daily Show, along with my two daily news mailing lists and my local paper.

Cats
Cats, I beliebe you and I walk the same path. Thinking of making a run for the border but cannot decide whether to go south since all of them are coming here or north to the cold country, you know up the maple leaf. I will PM you an opinion.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:57 PM   #24
Sous Chef

I read the local paper and watch the local tv news. Other than that, the national news is just plain depressing and pretty much just raises my blood pressure.

I also subscribe to Times and Newsweek. When the Man of the Year issue comes in, I'm going to burn it without reading it.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:00 PM   #25
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiguyy
I read the local paper and watch the local tv news. Other than that, the national news is just plain depressing and pretty much just raises my blood pressure.

I also subscribe to Times and Newsweek. When the Man of the Year issue comes in, I'm going to burn it without reading it.
GO psiguyy, I cancelled my subscription.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:47 AM   #26
Senior Cook

google.com
CNN
Local city news
Dutch papers and newscasts
BBC news
For news from home I read the Denver Post and the headlines on one of the Denver tv stations. channel 7.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:21 PM   #27
Cook

CNN and NBC.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:58 PM   #28
Certified Executive Chef

I have already replied here, but I did forget one I watch. OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) has Jim Leherer and I love his news show, no commercials, so if I miss my local at 6 I catch him at 7. Occasionally I watch BBC and get Norway Post on the internet.