What News Sources Do You Use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anything I can get my hands on! Left-wing, moderate, right-wing, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Arab, both hemispheres, local, national, international, you name it. Not that I understand it 100% of the time! :LOL:

DampCharcoal said:
Anything I can get my hands on! Left-wing, moderate, right-wing, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Arab, both hemispheres, local, national, international, you name it. Not that I understand it 100% of the time! :LOL:

Any splinters :LOL: :LOL:

An esoteric activist? I've gotta party with you sometime! You do know how to party, don't you? JUST KIDDING!!! :LOL: If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't take anything in life too seriously, including myself! ;) :D

Fox News
Washington Post
Washington Times
Wall Street Journal

...that's if I can be bothered. I used to be a horrible news junkie - did a bunch of website every day, read the papers, got some weekly magazines, watched ALL the news channels AND the Sunday morning yak-fests, yada yada..

then I decided that John Prine was right - "and all the news just repeats itself, like some forgotten dream, that we've both seen.."

Living here near D.C. - Ground Zero for news junkies - I am exposed to endless minutiae about it all. I still keep up a little, but nowhere near what I used to do.

AP
CNN
Reuters
NY Times
MSNBC
CBS
FOX
Fark.com
and many others.

Fark.com is my favorite though. They have real news stories as well as silly stuff. It is my favorite site to find out what is going on in the world, serious or not.

DampCharcoal said:
An esoteric activist? I've gotta party with you sometime! You do know how to party, don't you? JUST KIDDING!!! :LOL: If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't take anything in life too seriously, including myself! ;) :D

Yeah, you should have guessed that, I live in Eugene, OR, weird capital of the world, second only to Oslo. NOt that bad, but this city is so diverse, diversity is the norm. Yeah lets party, I have always said, this country needs more than two parties, four or five parties a week is a better option.

Periodically I go through a phase of not watching any news at all. I'll suffer an abrupt epiphany of fed-upness at the sorry state of the world and of humanity and declare a moratorium. I'm in one of those phases now, precipitated by a certain event in November Which Shall Remain Nameless Since This Is Not A Political Forum. :D So I tune into CNN every morning to catch the top-of-the-hour headlines, just in case something out of the ordinarily hideous has happened, and when it hasn't, I'll switch it off and that will be it newswise til the next morning.

It will pass, it always does. Then I'll go back to watching CNN, C-SPAN and Jon Stewart's Daily Show, along with my two daily news mailing lists and my local paper.

Cats

The Guardian
The Scotsman
Sunday Times
BBC News
Channel4 News
and occasionally
SkyNews

cbs news, bbc, abc, nbc, fox, cnn, cnbc, news 12 nj, the metro channel, the new york times, the daily news, the bergen record, the herald times, home and away, and anywhere i can find it. i am a news junkie...

Back
Top Bottom