"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 05-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #11
Master Chef

Oh, Middie
I'm sorry. I won't be doing anything other than just me, dh and my boys making dinner. No big thing at all. So, you wouldn't be missing anything that I'm doing ;)

Old 05-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #12
Senior Cook

I am taking a couple of days off to tag along with my wife to Hot Springs, she has to go on business and I will have a couple of days to explore the locals.

Later

Old 05-24-2005, 10:57 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Normally we would be cooking BBQ. This weekend, we will be going to Hickory on Sat to judge a bbq contest. Sunday, probably cleaning up around the house, and Monday, probably at the restaurant doing some things.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:26 AM   #14
Certified Pretend Chef

We have been very frustrated by the rotten weather in Massachusetts. It's been rainy for the last 5 weekends and it's raining now. Besides, the temps have been in the 40s and 50s rather than the 60s and 70s. The weekend forecast doesn't look all that good either.

I told Suzanne we should just hop in the car on Friday night and head South until we hit 80 degree weather! I don't think my chances are very good that will happen. We'll probably have or attend a last minute family cook-out or cook-in.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:08 PM   #15
Head Chef

We're going to see my grandmother-in-law for the weekend. I am going to cook something Vietnamese or Chinese for her. She cooks great American food and wants to try my food. I am so excited, I asked my hubby what he thinks I should make...dang him...he said stir fry or fried rice. HOW THE HECK is that supposed to show my culinary range?? *sigh* Of course I wanted to make something that is time intensive and would take all day long...but he is probably right.

I'll probably end up making fried rice since I don't know what people like to eat. I'll pair that w/ steamed 1000 year old eggs, steamed fish w/ ginger and scallions and some sort of veggie dish.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:15 PM   #16
Master Chef

If it doesn't rain, we have a bunch of house projects planned. Cleaning the outside of all of the windows, powerwashing the porch and sidewalks and re-sealing the driveway. If it rains, I'm not sure what we'll do. Monday, we'll have my parents over for a cook-out. We'll just do the basics--burgers, hot dogs, German potato salad, I'm not sure what else yet.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Here's are list of "to do" for the weekend.

Lunch out, Starwars, Bumpershoot ( a big musical party down town seattle)
REI, Starbucks and work around the house.

I'm not sure which days we'll do each item though. Depends a lot on the weather.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

pdswife, whatcha buying in rei? (that is the outdoor/sporting goods store, right?)

i am no longer allowed in outdoor stores, not even for fishing lures. i have enough fishing and camping gear for 4 or 5 people, so i'm not supposed to buy anymore for how often i use it....
i guess it's kinda like women and shoes. ya can never have enough rapalas and rat-l-traps...
Old 05-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Speed Street this weekend in Charlotte. Free music. Charlie Daniels, Styx, 38 special, Jo Dee Messina and lot's more. Have to work Monday though.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Paul needs a new backpack bucky. When we got home from Greece last time he took the metal back pieces out of his old one and told me to throw it in the washing machine.
I did... it was a huge mess. All the water proofing came off in little itty pieces! Boy was he mad. That backpack had been around the world with him.

so a backpack for him and
I really want some some of those hiking pants that unzip and become shorts.

We love REI. Spend way way too much time there and too much money too.