"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 05-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Speed Street, jusr 3 miles from the house. Hey CQueen, give me a PM, maybe we can meet up at speed street.

Old 05-24-2005, 04:34 PM   #22
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
pdswife, whatcha buying in rei? (that is the outdoor/sporting goods store, right?)

i am no longer allowed in outdoor stores, not even for fishing lures. i have enough fishing and camping gear for 4 or 5 people, so i'm not supposed to buy anymore for how often i use it....
i guess it's kinda like women and shoes. ya can never have enough rapalas and rat-l-traps...

Bucky, I have banned my hubby from Bass Pro Shop. His dad needs to be banned too but I have no control over that. That man has 200 rods & only uses about 5 of them!!

Old 05-24-2005, 06:06 PM   #23
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by comissaryqueen
Speed Street this weekend in Charlotte. Free music. Charlie Daniels, Styx, 38 special, Jo Dee Messina and lot's more. Have to work Monday though.
Sounds like fun... I saw Charlie Daniels and JoDee Messina a couple of years ago. Charlie was acting like the crowd didn't matter to him... he was just doing a job (which was kinda boring IMO). JoDee, on the other hand, was AWESOME. The others would be good, too. FREE you say, huh? Wow. Have fun!!!

I notice that Jeff Bates opens for JoDee on Friday night... I've seen him, too. Very good. If I had to choose one night... I would be in front of that stage on Friday night.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #24
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
i think my parents are coming down to visit... since I didn't go back home this summer, it's been about 3 months since I've seen them. Not for sure though, because my dad just took a new job and he's still learning the ropes. I really need to get home to help him setup his home network so he can finally work from home. If all else fails, i still need to see Star Wars
Old 05-24-2005, 09:06 PM   #25
Master Chef

a couple i know are renting a pavillion and we'll probably go picnic there. i'm gonna take a batch of my Mom's much-loved potato salad.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:46 PM   #26
Master Chef

Friday - Stuff around the house.
Saturday - The local volunteer fire department is having a plant sale. So, I will be there to buy my summer bedding plants. After that my familyand I are going to a rummage sale/bake sale/BBQ that the local high school students are putting on for a fundraiser.
Sunday - Resting, more stuff around the house
Monday - ?

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
Old 05-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #27
Master Chef

forggot about the rest of the weekend!

friday- going to get socks, a fresh box of rubber gloves, and a gift for my new baby cousin at baby GAP. nothing interesting. maybe going to the library.

saturday- shopping for my summer wardrobe and i just decided to get a new computer. this one shut off on me twice now and two people want to buy it cause it's so fast. i'm keeping my speakers and my sub-woofer, though. they're awesome.

Sunday- reading my Bible. bathing the cats. going through my old wardrobe and getting stuff together to give away.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
Bucky, I have banned my hubby from Bass Pro Shop. His dad needs to be banned too but I have no control over that. That man has 200 rods & only uses about 5 of them!!
lol crewsk, and you really only need one.
i think if i ever went to the bass pro shop store, i would stow away and live there for a few weeks. you could catch the fish in the giant bass tank, and eat dehydrated backpacking food...
Old 05-25-2005, 11:13 AM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
lol crewsk, and you really only need one.
i think if i ever went to the bass pro shop store, i would stow away and live there for a few weeks. you could catch the fish in the giant bass tank, and eat dehydrated backpacking food...
You sound like my husband
Right now, the closest bass pro is about 150 miles from us,
but, they are building one about 30 minutes away. It's going to be one of their big ones with the restaurant, marina and museum, etc.. I can't wait!!! I've never been in one, myself.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:14 PM   #30
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
That's what I keep telling him bucky! He just keeps on telling me that each one has different line & is set up for different types of fish. We had a hunting & fishing supply store for a couple of years & when we closed it he kept a bunch of the lures & stuff. He shouldn't have to buy anything for the rest of his life!! He & his dad go to BPS about twice a year though. As a matter of fact hubby just called me & asked me to get out some of his fishing stuff because he's going with some guys he works with tonight.