What r u doing this weekend??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speed Street, jusr 3 miles from the house. Hey CQueen, give me a PM, maybe we can meet up at speed street.

buckytom said:
pdswife, whatcha buying in rei? (that is the outdoor/sporting goods store, right?)

i am no longer allowed in outdoor stores, not even for fishing lures. i have enough fishing and camping gear for 4 or 5 people, so i'm not supposed to buy anymore for how often i use it....:ermm:
i guess it's kinda like women and shoes. ya can never have enough rapalas and rat-l-traps...

Bucky, I have banned my hubby from Bass Pro Shop. His dad needs to be banned too but I have no control over that. That man has 200 rods & only uses about 5 of them!!:rolleyes:

comissaryqueen said:
Speed Street this weekend in Charlotte. Free music. Charlie Daniels, Styx, 38 special, Jo Dee Messina and lot's more. Have to work Monday though.

Sounds like fun... I saw Charlie Daniels and JoDee Messina a couple of years ago. Charlie was acting like the crowd didn't matter to him... he was just doing a job (which was kinda boring IMO). JoDee, on the other hand, was AWESOME. The others would be good, too. FREE you say, huh? Wow. Have fun!!!

I notice that Jeff Bates opens for JoDee on Friday night... I've seen him, too. Very good. If I had to choose one night... I would be in front of that stage on Friday night.

Last edited:
i think my parents are coming down to visit... since I didn't go back home this summer, it's been about 3 months since I've seen them. Not for sure though, because my dad just took a new job and he's still learning the ropes. I really need to get home to help him setup his home network so he can finally work from home. If all else fails, i still need to see Star Wars

a couple i know are renting a pavillion and we'll probably go picnic there. i'm gonna take a batch of my Mom's much-loved potato salad.

Friday - Stuff around the house.
Saturday - The local volunteer fire department is having a plant sale. So, I will be there to buy my summer bedding plants. After that my familyand I are going to a rummage sale/bake sale/BBQ that the local high school students are putting on for a fundraiser.
Sunday - Resting, more stuff around the house
Monday - ?

forggot about the rest of the weekend!

friday- going to get socks, a fresh box of rubber gloves, and a gift for my new baby cousin at baby GAP. nothing interesting. maybe going to the library.

saturday- shopping for my summer wardrobe and i just decided to get a new computer. this one shut off on me twice now and two people want to buy it cause it's so fast. i'm keeping my speakers and my sub-woofer, though. they're awesome.

Sunday- reading my Bible. bathing the cats. going through my old wardrobe and getting stuff together to give away.

crewsk said:
Bucky, I have banned my hubby from Bass Pro Shop. His dad needs to be banned too but I have no control over that. That man has 200 rods & only uses about 5 of them!!:rolleyes:

lol crewsk, and you really only need one.
i think if i ever went to the bass pro shop store, i would stow away and live there for a few weeks. you could catch the fish in the giant bass tank, and eat dehydrated backpacking food...

buckytom said:
lol crewsk, and you really only need one.
i think if i ever went to the bass pro shop store, i would stow away and live there for a few weeks. you could catch the fish in the giant bass tank, and eat dehydrated backpacking food...

You sound like my husband:LOL:
Right now, the closest bass pro is about 150 miles from us,
but, they are building one about 30 minutes away. It's going to be one of their big ones with the restaurant, marina and museum, etc.. I can't wait!!! I've never been in one, myself.

That's what I keep telling him bucky! He just keeps on telling me that each one has different line & is set up for different types of fish.:rolleyes: We had a hunting & fishing supply store for a couple of years & when we closed it he kept a bunch of the lures & stuff. He shouldn't have to buy anything for the rest of his life!!:LOL: He & his dad go to BPS about twice a year though. As a matter of fact hubby just called me & asked me to get out some of his fishing stuff because he's going with some guys he works with tonight.

middie said:
working all 3 days i bet. won't know until friday, but i can pretty much guarantee i'll be at work while everyone else is crowding around a grill and playing *sob*

Me too, mids, only it's fer sher for me. Retail stinks.

I've got a bowling tournament in St Pete so that will take up the whole weekend. Should be fun though 12 of us are going plus most of our spouses and we will have time to party after the tournament.

I haven't been bowling in soo long.
Their putting an alley in pretty soon, maybe I can talk DH into going.

I'm saving money too, by doing work myself. I'm pulling the old carpeting out of my 12-year-old's room and cleaning up the wood floor underneath. I did the little one's room 2 months ago and it took me 2 days. This room is substantially bigger, thus the 3 day weekend planning. (Husband has to work the whole time- apparently Memorial Day Weekend is a biggie at the Cemetary)

Back
Top Bottom