"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat

Old 06-11-2005, 03:47 AM   #1
Master Chef

where do you eat?

grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! my message is gone again! @#$% (*&^%$ *&^%$#@ )*!@#$

Old 06-11-2005, 03:51 AM   #2
Executive Chef

How big is your house?

Old 06-11-2005, 03:56 AM   #3
Master Chef

lol, wasabi, the one i'm staying at tonite is little, a 3-bedroom, one of which had to be built on when i was a kid, but the one i wrote in the above post about is pretty d*mned big!
Old 06-11-2005, 06:12 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
we mostly eat in the living room. sometimes i eat in here (computer room)
Old 06-11-2005, 06:20 AM   #5
Master Chef

Weird, Luvs, we obviously don't know enough about your lifestyle. We eat in the kitchen most of the time, but any real effort to put out a special meal rates the dining room, which is DH's favorite room in the house. Our old (1854) house has this really odd dining room that is very FLW-ish -- low ceiling, stone wall built in side board -- so we furnished it with craftsman furniture. Only lighting fixture is a -- good greif, I can't spell the word -- wroght? wraught? rot? (I know none are right, what's wrong with me this morning?) iron candelabra with real candles. We love it and eat there at the drop of a hat, and it's a favorite neighborhood gathering place. People used to hang out in my kitchen in other houses, now it's around my dining room table; one of the least used rooms in most houses! Keeps me hopping looking for 6-8 inch, unscented, dripless candles. Occaisionally we go through a spate of what Mom used to call "eating around" -- eating in the 'back parlor' (our family room, so-to-speak). If we're eating pizza or nuking leftovers, if it's really hot (that room is coolest in our non-A/C house), if one of us is ill (last summer DH had a terrible bout of gout and arthritis).
Old 06-11-2005, 06:58 AM   #6
Master Chef

i always thought i was pretty open, claire, about all aspects of my life. you guys know a lot about me, including the fact that my vehicle of choice is a broom.i shant disclose much more than all of that.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:33 AM   #7
Senior Cook

We do have what I call a breakfast table in our kitchen but we prefer to eat in the dining-room, it's not that formal of a room, just a lot bigger and more fun to be in. It's hard to keep the teens from eating in front of their computers in the playroom in the basement...

All things are difficult before they are easy. -Thomas Fuller (1608-61)
Old 06-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #8
Master Chef

we rarely use our dining rooms, charlotte. just the large one for holidays.
i eat in front of my computer, but not too often, cause my hands are too busy eating to type or use my mouse.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:54 AM   #9
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Right now we're eating wherever we can find a place to sit down. Normally we eat in the kitchen because we don't have a dining room at this house. We'll have a dining room in the new house but it's going to be used as an office until we get a table. So, we'll be eating in the kitchen until then. Occasionally we eat in the den if we're having a movie or game night with the kids.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:09 PM   #10
Sous Chef

We have enough tables to eat each meal at a different one. We have a kitchen table, one in the morning room, and then the dining room. Truly, we use the morning room more often than the others though, but we do try to have Sunday dinners in the dining room with the nice dishes. It's a shame to have nice things like china and a nice dining room set, and then not use them.

BC