where do you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! my message is gone again! @#$% (*&^%$ *&^%$#@ )*!@#$

Last edited:
How big is your house?
12.gif

lol, wasabi, the one i'm staying at tonite is little, a 3-bedroom, one of which had to be built on when i was a kid, but the one i wrote in the above post about is pretty d*mned big!:LOL:

Weird, Luvs, we obviously don't know enough about your lifestyle. We eat in the kitchen most of the time, but any real effort to put out a special meal rates the dining room, which is DH's favorite room in the house. Our old (1854) house has this really odd dining room that is very FLW-ish -- low ceiling, stone wall built in side board -- so we furnished it with craftsman furniture. Only lighting fixture is a -- good greif, I can't spell the word -- wroght? wraught? rot? (I know none are right, what's wrong with me this morning?) iron candelabra with real candles. We love it and eat there at the drop of a hat, and it's a favorite neighborhood gathering place. People used to hang out in my kitchen in other houses, now it's around my dining room table; one of the least used rooms in most houses! Keeps me hopping looking for 6-8 inch, unscented, dripless candles. Occaisionally we go through a spate of what Mom used to call "eating around" -- eating in the 'back parlor' (our family room, so-to-speak). If we're eating pizza or nuking leftovers, if it's really hot (that room is coolest in our non-A/C house), if one of us is ill (last summer DH had a terrible bout of gout and arthritis).

i always thought i was pretty open, claire, about all aspects of my life. you guys know a lot about me, including the fact that my vehicle of choice is a broom.:LOL:i shant disclose much more than all of that.

We do have what I call a breakfast table in our kitchen but we prefer to eat in the dining-room, it's not that formal of a room, just a lot bigger and more fun to be in. It's hard to keep the teens from eating in front of their computers in the playroom in the basement...

we rarely use our dining rooms, charlotte. just the large one for holidays.
i eat in front of my computer, but not too often, cause my hands are too busy eating to type or use my mouse.

Right now we're eating wherever we can find a place to sit down. Normally we eat in the kitchen because we don't have a dining room at this house. We'll have a dining room in the new house but it's going to be used as an office until we get a table. So, we'll be eating in the kitchen until then. Occasionally we eat in the den if we're having a movie or game night with the kids.

We have enough tables to eat each meal at a different one. We have a kitchen table, one in the morning room, and then the dining room. Truly, we use the morning room more often than the others though, but we do try to have Sunday dinners in the dining room with the nice dishes. It's a shame to have nice things like china and a nice dining room set, and then not use them.

BC

:) When David lived at home we ate dinner every night together at the kitchen table. It was LAW. Family dinner was very important to us. Once a month or two we'd have family movie night and eat in front of the tv. It's nice to relax the rules once in awhile.

Now that David's out on his own... Paul and I eat all our meals in front of the tv. If Paul had a full time job I'd insist that we still eat at the table and talk but.. since he's only gone two days a week we still have pleanty of together time.

Our dinner table is pretty small. It's a round oak one and it will only fit four people and even then we have to keep the food on the counter. So, if we have any company at all we eat in the dinning room. That table will fit 10 easily if all the leaves are in.

I agree.. it is sad to have all the nice china and crystal and only use it once in a great while. Sometimes, I use ours just for the fun of it. Sure looks funny on the tv trays. lol:LOL:

I make sure we all eat dinner together at the dining table every night. It is so important to have that family time! Just like saying grace before the meal. It's a must-have!
I can't stand having the TV on when we're eating, as it tends to distract from the conversations of the days' events.
I never got any china or crystal, as when I married, I didn't register (I hate asking people for things).

We didn't register either jkath, in fact on our invites it even said NO gifts....

Paul's aunt gave us some crystal glasses any way though and I love using them because It brings up memories of our special day. Our china we bought ourselves after we'd been married for a few years. I still need a few pieces but, it's so darn expensive. lol.

We often sit out in the back yard by the pool in summer, winter it's either in the kitchn or the dining room..Many time I'm eating as I run and DH is in here in front of one of those mamma mia O'Riley or geraldo type talk shows..YUKity YUK..:glare: .Sundays we all sit around the dinning room table or outside...

kadesma:LOL:

jkath said:
I make sure we all eat dinner together at the dining table every night. It is so important to have that family time! Just like saying grace before the meal. It's a must-have!
I can't stand having the TV on when we're eating, as it tends to distract from the conversations of the days' events.
I never got any china or crystal, as when I married, I didn't register (I hate asking people for things).

that was the rule in my house growing up. unless we ordered hoagies or something, we ate at the table.
when i turned about 13 we quit eating at the table, but my Parents eat together on tv trays now.
we join them sometimes for family hour and we watch emeril together or something and eat dinner.

Last edited:
pdswife said:
We didn't register either jkath, in fact on our invites it even said NO gifts....

Paul's aunt gave us some crystal glasses any way though and I love using them because It brings up memories of our special day. Our china we bought ourselves after we'd been married for a few years. I still need a few pieces but, it's so darn expensive. lol.

i love crystal wineglasses. i have several. they're just so pretty. i even drink my milk out of them, lol. they're so delicate, though!!

Ok...............Where do I eat. Well most of the time I eat in the kitchen but it all depends on the mood I'm in. If i'm in a family mood I eat in the kitchen. If I'm in a tv mood I eat in the frontroom. And if I'm in a computer mood I eat at my computer.

As for the size of the house I live in our house is a 3 bedroom with a kitchen, frontroom and bathroom and the house sits on 6 lots so we have plenty of property.

Kitchen table..on paper plates most of the time..looking at two sets of Noritaki China..service for 12 (96 pieces) and a service for 8.(45 pieces) We have eaten in the dining room maybe three or four times in 36 years. John says " that's right Mom, save the good dishes so I can break them.."

What can I say..DH is just a plain ol country boy who thought all glasses said Ball or Kerr on them.
Dove

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom