Whew. It's Going To Be A Hot One!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No thanks Mish, it's going to be in the upper 90's here also:wacko:

At least we're suppose to go fishing later, I'll just hang my feet off the back of the boat, if it's warmer now, I'll just jump in.:LOL:

Wimps.

Highs today through Wednesday are expected to be 100-105. Then we'll cool down to the 90's for awhile.:wacko:

The average date for the first 100 degree day (they say) is June 17.

The Z said:
Wimps.

Highs today through Wednesday are expected to be 100-105. Then we'll cool down to the 90's for awhile.:wacko:

I'm not a wimp, I just don't like to melt:LOL:

The Z said:
Wimps.

Z, I love Nevada - particularly Las Vegas. Considered living there for a while, but just couldn't take the heat. Your summer is about 120 degrees...ouch.

It is a wonderful and surreal place to live. The heat isn't really THAT bad (although it kinda feels like you're stepping out into a hair dryer sometimes in the summer). You just have to realize that, if you usually enjoy outdoor activities, you just need to schedule them for OTHER times of the year. The real heat only lasts for about 4 months.

I actually find it much more bearable than places where you have 4 or 5 months of winter. (I grew up in northern Iowa).

The heat's already set in..almost 80 and it's 9:45....
I'm not a heat person, but don't mind desert heat at all.
It's this darn smoggy-humidity-gross heat I don't much care for.

jkath said:
I'm not a heat person, but don't mind desert heat at all.
It's this darn smoggy-humidity-gross heat I don't much care for.

I'm totally with you there, J. I would much rather have a desert 105 than a humid 92 ANY day.

The Z said:
It is a wonderful and surreal place to live. The heat isn't really THAT bad (although it kinda feels like you're stepping out into a hair dryer sometimes in the summer). You just have to realize that, if you usually enjoy outdoor activities, you just need to schedule them for OTHER times of the year. The real heat only lasts for about 4 months.

I actually find it much more bearable than places where you have 4 or 5 months of winter. (I grew up in northern Iowa).

Thanks Z. Curious...there was a time I was considering real estate out your way, as the prices were incredibly low. Wondered what it's like now. Still don't know if I could stand the heat, but Vegas is enticing.

mish said:
there was a time I was considering real estate out your way, as the prices were incredibly low. Wondered what it's like now. Still don't know if I could stand the heat, but Vegas is enticing.

Maybe this will help you make up your mind. Over the past year or two, prices have gone through the roof! The real estate prices here are just stupid-high. If you had been lucky enough to get in 3+ years ago, you'd be sitting pretty in terms of equity right now. Prices continue to rise, although it is starting to level off a bit. I don't know what kind of money you'd have to spend on housing, but it's now up there with lots of other big cities.

There was time when lots of folks from California moved here... escaping from the prices there. I think NOW, though, it's pretty comparable.

Thank you Z. That's what I guessed. Same here. Real estate has gone thru the "roof," literally. I'll have to "sweat" it out & see if the prices will drop - HA. Here's a dollar, bet it all on RED. :LOL:

mish said:
Thank you Z. That's what I guessed. Same here. Real estate has gone thru the "roof," literally. I'll have to "sweat" it out & see if the prices will drop - HA. Here's a dollar, bet it all on RED. :LOL:

Well... I'll put a dollar on a number for you... Unfortunately, betting on a 'color' is only 1:1 so your payout won't be much (plus, they don't let you bet that little)... Now if you want to pick yourself a number between 1-36 (plus '0' or '00') the return might actually be worth the bet.

Hee, Hee, Z. You can tell I know nothing about gambling. I'll leave it up to you.:)

Made some guacamole. I'm off to the pool, maybe the sauna, maybe the sundeck. Whew. Have a good one. See ya.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom