who prefers veggies over meat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
well i'm a mat lover myself,but sometimes i dont know what happens to me,i stop eating all kinds of meats for days and just stick to veggies.
does anyone know what i'm talking about?

I don't have a preference of one over the other. I love them both. I would not be able to eat just meat or just veggies.

I'm definatly a meat eater although we eat veggies for dinner too

I definately eat meat but there are days where I eat vegetarian. I like the grains like quinoa, amaranth, kasha, wheatberries, rolled flax, barley and others and use a cookbook called 'Amazing Grains' which is wonderful in giving healthy and good recipes. I have not used it a lot, but have liked what I have made from it.

I think my husband would have a heart attack if I just served veggies and no meat.

Although I like meat I don't eat as much of the stuff as I eat vegetables so I guess I'd have to say that I much more prefer the veggies.

Give me meat or give me death! :LOL: I love certain vegies too. Dont get me wrong. I love brussel sprouts and almost everything else. But I hate celery! :x Grrrrrrrrr.............

I'm the same way, Sarah! When hubby is around we pretty much always have a lean meat or fish for dinner so when he travels I often go meatless for a few days.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Give me meat or give me death! :LOL: I love certain vegies too. Dont get me wrong. I love brussel sprouts and almost everything else. But I hate celery! :x Grrrrrrrrr.............
whaaaaaat? you hate celery? :( ,o my gosh i love it,i even eat it as a snack:raw celery sticks sprinkled with just salt and lots of lemon juice!yummm

I love the stuff made from or with meat: gravy, soup broths, ravioli, egg rolls, enchiladas...But a big hunk of meat doesn't usually appeal to me. I like minimum meat, maximum carbs and good sauces. Now if they hid the meat in chocolate...Maybe...

I will eat all of my veggies or salad before the meat on my plate, sometimes I'm full and don't eat but a bite or two of the meat.

I really didn't think I preferred one over the other. But now that you mention it.....I do notice my portion of meat is usually the last thing on my plate.

When my youngest was small he'd always go for the veggies first. He wasn't a huge meat eater. Now thankfully he's 6 and coming around and sometimes goes for the meats first. Now if you'd of said bread/rolls now thats the first thing he'll devore. That kid would live on it if I'd let him. Its a good bargaining tool at the table though :)

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
...But I hate celery! :x Grrrrrrrrr.............

Put me squarly in the I HATE CELERY camp, too. In my opinion, celery exists only to be 1/4 of a mire poix.

However, there's usually room on my plate for veggies - right next to the meat.

Last edited:
I love meat and veggies too. Sometimes when I'm eating a really good veggie I think
I could live with out meat but, then I realize that I'm wrong. lol

i'm kinda torn on this one.
i LOVE steak but it just isn't the same without fresh steamed green beans on the side for textural contrast.
or lamb chops and asparagus.
or pork chops and zucchini and yellow squash...
but i think i'd choose the meat over the veggies.
i crave red meat like crazy.

I like both meat and potatoes but as I get older I have found that I don't crave the meat like I do veggies. I like almost all veggies, but there are many meats that I wouldn't touch. There are only two veggies that I am aware of that I don't like mustard greens and collard greens.....ewwwwwww I love turnip greens though. Weird, huh? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom