your most bizarre fear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boo!! Hahaha

My worst fear is of Pit Bull Dogs! I love all animals But, as a teenager i had a bad experience with my brotherlaws Pit bull, he didnt like me i guess, he ran after me, i got in my car and he was trying to get in and get me. He was foaming at the mouth all over the window biting at it. Luckely i got to my car in time. I never trusted him after that. Since then im scared to death of them. Also, Spiders and snakes and centipedes. :shock:

I was hunting once and had came across a gator at the edge of a lake. It saw me first and lunged out of the water at me. Scared the crap out of me:excl: I love animals but my wife scares the crap out of me. :eek: Ok.....I don't like heights and am claustrophobic. When I was kickboxing I hated wearing head gear. Its that bad.

Living on the streets, I have had a dream all of my life that I lost everything and didn't know anyone, and no one cared!!!!!!!!! It scares me there are people in every town doing it now. Some by choice, most because of sickness of some sort, and some because of someones greed. We need to by American products as much as we can, not many of them left. Anyway that is my fear and I am off my soapbox.

Last edited:
Drowning, suffocation, and fire. I almost drowned last July in Myrtle Beach. If James had not been holding my hand, I am sure I would have. I almost drug him down with me, and he is really strong. It was the most terrifying feeling I have ever had.

If I am sleeping and the blanket or pillow gets near my nose, or if James's arm is an inch away from my nose, I wake up, feeling like I'm going to suffocate. James keeps saying that I am claustrophobic, but I'm not at all. I cannot convince him that feeling like you are going to suffocate is not the same thing. I have never had a problem being closed in small places.

I also have a fear of getting really lost.

:) Barbara

okay, I feel pretty good now.

I love heights - I love to go up on my roof and walk around just because I can see more of the city.

I don't mind snakes - they don't usually hurt you, and if it's poisonous, just get away.

I don't care for spiders, but they don't scare me - I must kill at least 2 dozen black widows each year.

Zebras? I love 'em - I've even witnessed them "in love"

Alligators? Never bugged me either...

I dig thunderstorms.

Fingernails on anything? Well, since I have long nails...I'm sure some of you wouldn't want me near a chalkboard.

I love to wear velvet.

I know I have worries about "what ifs", but that's all they are - little worries. They don't bug either, and even death doesn't bug, since we're around it so much (husband works at a cemetary/mortuary). It's not death, but your example of life that shows an example that you should focus on.

and Lutzz - you are hysterical by the way! I loved your response!!!

middie said:
i forgot... falling. i keep having bad dreams that i'm on a trapeze (don't ask me why) and i fall off. then i wake up.

don't you hate that wake/sleep stage where you dream you start to fall and then you gasp and startle awake?

Spiders, snakes and driving over a bridge with water under it. (anything with more than 4 legs too)

luvs_food said:
don't you hate that wake/sleep stage where you dream you start to fall and then you gasp and startle awake?
luvs oh man i hate that!!! and it happens at least once a week to every other week. then it takes me forever to fall back asleep lol.

My biggest fear is promising to cook for a big event and forgetting about it till about hour before hand. It's never happened, but it scares the heck out of me...

luvs_food said:

I love that. You must just let yourself fall to get the full effect. Its awsome.

Crewsk, I was definately thinking of you last night. I had to log off early last night, about 11pm because of a distant thunderstorm. At 6am this morning, it was still going strong, and with some of the loudest thunder Ive heard in years - ear-splitting stuff. Watched a lightening bolt across the paddock, in the same instant, the phone rang briefly and a crackle went throught the computer. All is well though.

Im with you jkath - just love em!!!!!!

Aussie girl, we had a really bad thunderstorm here last night. It started around & 9:30 & lasted all night. I had my head buried under the covers so I couldn't see the lightening or hear the thunder as much. The thunder was shaking the windows! Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night. Hubby on the other hand, slept like a rock!

Thunder puts me right to sleep. In fact, we sometimes play a tape of a thunderstorm when we go to bed, to relax us.

:) Barbara

Broken glass freaks me out. No idea why! Also, I don't mind heights but I cannot handle being on a slanted roof. It seems to throw my equilibrium off and I literally tremble with fear of falling off. Flat roofs don't bother me at all. Is that vertigo?

Back
Top Bottom