your saying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
which saying do you use the most?
the one that's ingrained into me is, 'plumb dam*it'.
i trip over something, i say it. i spill something, i say it louder. i choke on something, i squeak it out in a whiskey voice between bits of food flying from my mouth. cat pukes on my sneakers? 'plumb **** it!!!'
fiance hangs up on me? 'plumb jerk!' plumb **** it!'
computer freezes up? 'plumb **** it!'
my other one is 'oops.'
i'm good at oopsing.
throw a piece of cheese to the kitty and it lands on his forehead? 'OOPS!'
get eggshell fragments in my scrambled eggs? 'OOPS!'
lose my remote control?
'OOPS!':ohmy:
i've got my Brother and my fiance (plumb jerk) saying, 'plumb' now and both my Parents saying 'OOPS!':LOL:

Last edited:
Luvs I have been trying and trying to think of something that I say a lot the only thing I can think of is oops. After seeing the moving Independence Day (loved it), I started saying oops. Growing up we didn't dare say **** or anything worse than that. We might get a darn it out once in a while as long as it wasn't directed towards something my mother, father or grandparents said or directed us to do. I have never really cursed and I am glad that I haven't. :) Now when I hear someone talking and every other word is f*** this or s*** that I really dislike it. Thank goodness most people know that I don't curse and are very careful with what they say around me. Sometimes it is nice getting older. :)

lol, char, isn't 'oops' a great word? it counterracts mistakes so beautifully.:LOL:
you don't swear? tee-hee, you should hear the profanities i can utter when i'm angry at my fiance or my brother. words i'm not so very sure i know i knew come spewing out.
but generally i stick to the very mild profanities.
i don't know if getting older really changes swearing habits, lol... you should have heard this old lady i knew.

My mom's favorite (and use to be my grandmother's too) is dagnabit :) As for the old ladies swearing? I would probably have been very rude because I know my jaw would have dropped open. Guess I am an old fuddie duddie when it comes to swearing. Why say an expletive when you can say the same thing with normal words. If I am upset or angry at something, all you have to do is look at my face. Am afraid that I normally can't hide what I am thinking by my expression. If I turn away or cover my face it is because of the expression that I am making. :) Have been known to stick my tongue out at my boss when his back was turned too. :) Childish? yep, satisfying? yep :)

my favorites are...
I know nothing ( when asked if i could keep a secret )
You're a dork ( i pretty much call everyone a dork at one time or another )
and last but not least ( i might catch heck from this too )...

I'm not a racist. I hate all a******s equally.

I say Oh S**t quite frequently. don't know why but i do.

LOL @ the cheese on kitty's forehead :ROFLMAO:

Like the "oops" from Independence Day, one of my commonly used words comes from a movie. In the movie Cold Mountain, Renee Zellweger played a no-nonsense mountain woman who frequently ended conversations with "aw'ight then..." and then just turning and walking away. It was funny. So, ever since then, both my girlfriend and I say "aw'ight" pretty frequently (not really even as a two syllable word... more of a bent one syllable one if that makes sense).

I don't know why, but I also use the word "NICE" in a very sarcastic way.

I dont use this saying as much as I did when my daughter was little and had friends over. I used to say to them " the mess you make is the mess you clean" ( it worked too!)

My favorite saying is: "Whatever".

It's cool because it can be used in different contexts and with different enunciations such as:

"Whaaaat-ever"
"What-ever"
"What-eeeeeever"

Ironchef - Lol, oh I remember those nights - like a private party of 35 that the hostess 'forgot' to put on the board to alert everyone - who all ordered cesar salads - being the pantry person, I was borrowing prep tables, the ice cream station, the little Mexican dishwasher, to get them all plated!

Those of you in the South will recognize one of my faves - 'Do what?' whenever you can't hear something.

And somewhere along the way I picked up 'yepper' for yes -have no clue where, tho!

I'm with Middie on the "dork" thing, only I'm usually referring to myself!
The word "awesome" made it's re-entrace a couple of years ago.

Another "Oh man!" pronounced "O-oh, May-un!"
and, when I'm ticked, "Crud!"

marmalady said:
Those of you in the South will recognize one of my faves - 'Do what?' whenever you can't hear something.
My Texan Grandpa used to say "you stepped in what?" under the same context.

Well THEN!!!!:LOL: I use that on often, jkath, my dad use to say "you stepped in what" to my sister and me, all the time. I can swear like a truck driver, but, I don't to many little ears here to hear and REPEAT:LOL: I don't say what when I don't hear something but say ONE MORE TIME and WHOA to the boys my granson Cade just cracks up when I say Mamma Mia, thinks it is so funny:ROFLMAO: Good thing he doesn't know what I'm really wanting to say:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

kadesma

it's funny to imagine you guys saying them.
ironchef, i tend to use your saying now and then.:LOL:

ironchef said:
F*ck it.

As in: Chef, we just got a walk-in 12 pax (on a busy night).

Me: F*ck it. Get them started and we'll pump the food out.

You made me spit coffee on the monitor. I could just hear you say it. And I completely sympathize.

My latest comes from dealing with a whole lot of whining about inconsequential crap. Its, SUCK IT UP PRINCESS.

alix, your's is the best yet.:LOL: but i love ironchef's, too.
i like to say, 'deal with it, babydoll, cause it ain't gonna change anytime soon.' sort of along the same lines as your saying.

Right now mine is "Who do you think I am, your maid? Get off your tail & do it yourself!"

One that I tend to try & say when the kids are around & I drop something or whatever is "crud muffins". If they aren't around it just comes out "Oh s***!!"

If I'm in a bad mood it's "Don't look at me, talk to me, or breath my air! If you do, you might just get slapped."

Hey crewsk. I have had days (weeks!) like that! I have also said to my kids, "When I send you to your room, it is not to punish you but to keep you safe from ME!" Strangely, they seem to get that!

Back
Top Bottom