10 Things We Don't Know About You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Cook
I'll go first:

1. I am only four feet, nine and a half inches tall (and yes, that half is very important!:LOL: )
2. I love cats
3. I currently have four fish tanks with plans for at least two more, and I know I still won't think I have enough :rolleyes:
4. I am a certified SCUBA diver since I was 15 (25 now)
5. I was a gymnast for 8 years and a tap dancer for 6
6. I love reading and writing poetry
7. I have to wear a medic-alert bracelet cause I am allergic to 3 medicines
8. I have panic attack disorder
9. I once crashed into a parked car
10. I can't see over the wheel and/or hood of most sports cars

ok, let's hear about you! :)

1. I am 5'1".

2. I have panic disorder.

3. I almost died 15 years ago when our car flipped over on the freeway.

4. I hate to cook, but love to eat.

5. I am 1/2 Puerto Rican, 1/2 Filipino

6. I touched my first computer 3 years ago and haven't let go since. All my computers are and were Apples.

7. I have two children, Eddie, my eldest is 39 and lives at home with me. He is mentally challenged. My baby girl, Gina, is a flight attendent for Aloha Airlines and she is 37 years old. Her son, my only grandchild is 17 and will be graduating in June.

8. I love to read, fish and surf the net.

9. I have a wonderful and loving husband and we will be celebrating 25 years of marriage April 18th and I have the cutest chihuahua alive.

10. I look forward to comming to visit with you all everyday!

Last edited by a moderator:
10 things huh........well here goes:

1) I was the shortest girl in school till high school then I was probably the 3rd shortest........boy did I feel high and mighty then :LOL: .

2) I love to shock my kids with humor......especially when they're trapped in a vehicle with me.

3) I was the queen of my hometown in 1980.

4) I have a vivid imagination and can play out such drawn out scenerios in my mind.........I would of loved to of been an actress.

5) I wanted to take dance lessons desperetly as a child but we couldn't afford it.........but I can still shake my booty and my DH can attest to that :LOL:

6) I was pregnant 6 times but only 3 children lived past 3 months gestation.

7) If I could go back in time I'd love to either live in the 1920's....because of the gansters, clothing, and dancing.

8) I was named after a singer from the 1950's or 1960's(Teresa Brewer)....however, my name is spelt differently.

9) I am the youngest of 6 children

10) I would love to bullride.......okay not the actual live bull but a mechanical.

1. I am fascinated with geology and astronomy.

2. I take pictures of everything and haul my camera with me everywhere.

3. I like to collect pottery.

4. I love to read 30-40 books a year.

5. My favorite airplane is 1946 Grumman F8 Bearcat called Rare Bear.

front-3.jpg

6. I go to the Reno National Championship Air Races every year.

7. My favorite baseball teams are the Oakland A's and the Sacramento River Cats.

8. Lupines and Indian paintbrushes are my favorite wildflowers.

9. My favorite tree is a red fir.

Amagn3.jpg

10. Watching thunderstorms is one of my favorite pastimes.

Last edited:
1. I've been 5 feet three inches tall FOREVER.. two years ago I went to the dr and he said I was 5 feet three inches and one quarter inch. I went in for my physical last week and the dr. is insisting I'm 5 feet 4 inches now!!!! I'm growing. YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!!

2. I was born in a small town called St. Helens Oregon

3. I once had a puppy named Buttons and a kitten named Bows

4. I used to tap dance ( once I was Miss September!! lol)

5. I love my hubby ( ok, ya'll already knew that)

6. I wanted to name my son Thadias but my family talked me out of it.

7. I got my first pair of cowboy boots as a reward for not scratching my chicken pox.

8. My first kiss was from Terry Lewis he was so cute!

9. My son learned to ride a two wheel bike the first time he tried. No training wheels.

and the 10th one is a secret that I can't tell..... ( really I can't think of anything else.

:) I've had such a nice time reading all of your lists, I hope that tons of people post their own, as it's such a treat to learn new things about my DC friends. Thanks for creating this thread lmw80 :flowers:

1.) I am the oldest child of 3, and also the oldest (first degree) grandchild and cousin on both sides.

2.) The night that I was born there was a thunderstorm, and I have always loved thunderstorms to no end (I swear I can feel them coming in the air and my mood changes)

3.) I kissed my first love when I was 9, but I married my true love many years later (dif people)

4.) If I lived in the Renaissance I would have the “perfect” figure

img_200624_0_3d8155dc48af6585262fdb8eacb8f22a.jpg

5.) I once spent the summer working in a historical gold mining ghost town in BC, called Barkerville

6.) My mother is my biggest hero, and we are both survivors of domestic abuse

7.) I live in chronic pain (lol, that is not a euphemism for being married), but I don't let it control my whole life

8.) I love “old school” snail mail and write lots of letters on paper every month

9.) I secretly still wish that women wore long gowns and beautiful dresses, they were so gorgeous and elegant looking

10.) I used to live in the same town (and swim in the same lake) as the Ogopogo (a lake "monster" that is thought to be a lot like the Loch Ness Monster)

img_200624_1_938ff505b70c0cef711e0055391cdc0b.jpg

Let's see here...

1) I'm 5' 5"

2) I played the flute in the marching band at my High School

3) I'm very insecure about my looks

4) I chew on my bottom lip when something is on my mind

5) I have all the Holiday Barbies from 1988-1998

6) I collect cows for my kitchen

7) My favorite colors are red & black

8) I wanted to join the Air Force & be an Air Traffic Controler when I grew up

9) I have 9 nieces & nephews

10) My dream home is a farm with all the animals included

Wow! What's the deal with short women and cooking?? Can you see over a pot of boiling water:mrgreen:

Here are my 10 things...

1. I'm 5' 14" tall
2. I get my hair cut every 7 days. Not just one hair but all of them on my head.
3. My favorite cooking style is contemporary Californian
4. When I retire I want to live on a large boat and sail back and forth from the Caribbean to Chicago and back every summer / winter
5. I love the snow
6. I can't stand to wear socks that even show the slightest of use
7. I own a party supply rental company
8. I was a volunteer fireman for 5 years in my home town
9. I don't like Oprah
10. I have a thing for short women:cool: Very, like, WOW! to me.

Piccolina said:
:)

img_200660_0_3d8155dc48af6585262fdb8eacb8f22a.jpg

Where on earth did you find this photo.....its gorgeous. This is they style I'm doing my next bathroom in. I already have 2 gorgeous prints. I'd love to find a print of this one too.

SizzlininIN said:
Piccolina said:

img_200663_0_3d8155dc48af6585262fdb8eacb8f22a.jpg

Where on earth did you find this photo.....its gorgeous. This is they style I'm doing my next bathroom in. I already have 2 gorgeous prints. I'd love to find a print of this one too.
Hi Sizzle, it's one of my own :mrgreen: No, you're not buying that, I don't blame you :LOL: It is a piece called "Testa di Donna di Profilo" by Leonardo Di Vinci, I've always thought it was so gorgeous too.

You are sure you want to ask this?:rolleyes: okay, here goes....
1. I'm 5'3" .
2. My hubby, Michael is 5'2".
3. I am the youngest of 4 girls.
4. When I was little, I looked like Tabitha on Bewitched:LOL:
5. I had my kids at 16 and 18.
6. I am still married to my first husband of 20 years.
7. My 21st anniversary is February 23rd.
8. I am fascinated with storms.
9. I have 9 nieces and nephews and so far, have 16 great-nieces and nephews.
10. I can't wait to be a grandma:) As long as it's not before the next 5 years. Boys are only 18 and 20.

I'll give you a bad anal thing about me. I absolutely CANNOT sleep in an unmade bed:huh: I don't have time to make my bed in the morning since hubby is still in it, except the weekends. I make it right before we go to bed. Drives him nuts and he tries to mess it up, but, I just can't stand to lay down on wrinkled sheets or covers.
It's like scratching a chalkboard for some people.

Last edited:
Home chef said:
Wow! What's the deal with short women and cooking?? Can you see over a pot of boiling water:mrgreen:
:LOL: I think I'm about 5"2 (I like to joke that I'm 5"2 on my good days :mrgreen:), interesting thing to point out Home Chef, but given your #10 reason, I can see why you did! :-p

I spent a while thinking of my ten, and when I was done and had posted them, I thought it was a bit of a cathardic experience, especially since I am usually a very, very private and shy person :blush: But I love you guys, and trust you, so I have no problem opening up and sharing with you all.

Last edited:
okay here goes...

1. I'm 4'11". Not fat, but not thin. We'll just say I don't look like I weigh as much as I do.
2. Had a verry happy childhood until I was about 11, then it went to h**l
3. I'm really lazy and a procrastinator.
4. Suffer from depression, runs in the family.
5. The oldest of 3 girls. My other sisters are 27 and 8. Funny thing is my son is also 8. 5 months older than my little sister.
6. If Jerry Springer ever called me I'm not going to answer my phone lol
7. I am an animal/ nature lover.
8. I'm somewhat of a tomboy
9. I'm painfully shy.
10. Love love love to listen to the radio

1. my personality is an epitome of being virgo, except that I am supposed to be obsessed with keeping everything neat and tidy.
2. I used to listen and sing to Jimmy Buffett tunes with my dad while growing up.
3. I love watching other people drive fast vehicles (MotoGP, Formula 1) but I detest driving myself.
4. I was a hopeless computer idiot until I met Cristiano
5. Cristiano and I initially met over ICQ
6. Andalucia and London are two places that occupy special spots in my heart.
7. Very often I feel that I wasn't really meant to be born on this planet.
8. My literary hero is Sidney Carton from the Tale of Two Cities
9. My taste for Classical Music comes from my interest for figure skating
10. I almost perfectly understand spoken Japanese

well there are more but... hey let's keep a few things mysterious
16.gif

Last edited:
Piccolina said:
I spent a while thinking of my ten, and when I was done and had posted them, I thought it was a bit of a cathardic experience, especially since I am usually a very, very private and shy person :blush: But I love you guys, and trust you, so I have no problem opening up and sharing with you all.

Ya did good!

This is a great thread! Lets see here:

1. I started taking ballet at 3 and 22 years later am still dancing (although, I do modern dance now, not skinny enough for ballet...) I love it!
2. When the doctor delivered me he said "it's a boy:ohmy: " I guess he was seeing things?
3. I married the first boy I kissed
4. I like to read my favorite books over and over
5. I love my son & husband more than anything in the world
6. Eat chocolate on a daily (if not hourly :LOL: ) basis
7. I'm happy for every day
8. I've always been shy
9. I won "best smile" award in high school
10. My first car was a 1967 Ford Falcon with a V8. That car was awesome but got me into too much trouble

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom