77 Facts that Sound Like Lies But Aren't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been seeing bits and pieces of that on FaceBook. The one I really like didn't make it to the 77 list. Harvard University was founded before calculus was deduced/discovered/invented.

I had seen this the other day and saved it to share with my kids. I just need to remember to make sure to skip the last one. Some of these are really cool.

Just saw this------ thanks for posting it! (I did, of course, have to try humming while holding my nose!)

And this one:
"52. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth."

Wish I'd known that when one of my step-sons asked 'are there more grains of sand than stars in the sky'. :)

Thanks Andy..that was cool. We have a picture of the strange looking cashew we picked from a tree when we were in Costa Rica recently. Here's some interesting reading about the "killer cashew"..no wonder they're so expensive.
Killer Cashew - Costa Rica

Many eons ago a person sent in a question of why can't we buy cashew nuts in their shell. The answer was simple. Because the shell is poisonous. I had never thought about some nuts in the shell and some not. That opened my eyes. :angel:

Well hot damn, that was a cool read!

They say you could swim through a whales heart. . . I think I would be a blockage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom