"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games

Old 10-13-2016, 07:33 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
OK, I give up. I can't get this to work on my phone. What am I missing?
Start a reply and press the middle word or phrase in the auto-correct row 20 times. That's it. That's your sentence.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:15 AM   #32
Head Chef

Quote:
I've had a smart phone (iPhone) for a year.. **.. I also like that it syncs with my laptop.
I have an on going contest with my son - He has an iPhone and I have an Android. Whenever he uses a function and I express interest the phrase is "Well, if you had an iPhone instead of a crappy Android, you could do this too"

I'm not very talented in this age of computers and digital, etc. but I start searching around and usually find it on my phone. So of course, I can text back, AHA! not so crappy after all - I have it too! thhbbb to the iPhone!

We once had to meet at a halfway point (he is 6 hours from me). We met, we each headed home. An hour later I text him "been doing less than 5 kph and have almost covered 5 k, in half an hour."
He texted back - "It clears just after 'such'nsuch' mile marker" "How do you know?" "I have an iPhone "
after I got home, finally found how to use it - "Well, I have an Android and can do it too..

sync:- funny to have tablet, laptop and phone all signal at the same time.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:50 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

I've been arguing with MacHeads for over 20 years. Anything an iPhone can do an Android can do better
Old 10-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #34
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Start a reply and press the middle word or phrase in the auto-correct row 20 times. That's it. That's your sentence.
I don't have an auto-correct row to start a thread. Having an iPhone, there is a basic assumption I know how to begin a thought.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:33 AM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I don't have an auto-correct row to start a thread. Having an iPhone, there is a basic assumption I know how to begin a thought.
Well, that was your first mistake DH has an iPhone. I hate trying to use it. Not often, but sometimes when we're driving, he'll get a text and ask me to text back to them. I get all frustrated with it. "This keyboard is useless!" Constantly have to press buttons to get numbers or capitalize something obvious. So annoying
Old 10-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #36
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I hate it when a pharmacy delivery person hands me their phone to type something in. I hand it back to them, it would take me longer to learn how to use it than it takes to spell out what they need to input.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I hate it when a pharmacy delivery person hands me their phone to type something in. I hand it back to them, it would take me longer to learn how to use it than it takes to spell out what they need to input.
The Android phones are pretty good at voice entry.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #38
Executive Chef

Quote:
Well, that was your first mistake DH has an iPhone. I hate trying to use it. Not often, but sometimes when we're driving, he'll get a text and ask me to text back to them. I get all frustrated with it. "This keyboard is useless!" Constantly have to press buttons to get numbers or capitalize something obvious. So annoying
What model/version of Iphone does your husband have?
I was having issues with my Iphone 4 (3G) and so was my wife.
Once we upgraded to Iphone 6, (4G) those issues went away.
I find the Android platform to be harder to deal with, but insight tells me its because I don't use the Android platform. That alone makes it more difficult.
I am also certain if I had the Android, my preference would change as I learned to use it.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_Bones View Post
What model/version of Iphone does your husband have?
I was having issues with my Iphone 4 (3G) and so was my wife.
Once we upgraded to Iphone 6, (4G) those issues went away.
I find the Android platform to be harder to deal with, but insight tells me its because I don't use the Android platform. That alone makes it more difficult.
I am also certain if I had the Android, my preference would change as I learned to use it.
I have no idea what version he has. I did tech support for years at work, so I have an aversion to doing it at home I tell him to ask his friends who use Apple products for help with it.

I have used Apple products over the years for work and at school (Communication Design class used Mac computers) and I dislike it. I don't think it's just about being used to it. Sometimes, the way certain software works is more intuitive and sometimes features I'm used to using are not available. At that time, for example, Macs had no right mouse button for a context menu, so getting to frequently used tools or options was more difficult.

I'm giving up on the game. Sigh.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #40
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
The Android phones are pretty good at voice entry.
I use voice to text most of the time for texting.