"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games

Old 11-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #11
DC Grandma

Not me !!!
Christmas this year will be money..sure don't need to be out and take the chance of being knocked down or pushed and loose my balance.
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:27 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I try to do all my shopping online, but it's hard to browse on the internet. Online shopping is good if you know what you want.
It's pouring rain here and I told DH earlier that I felt sorry for all the people out there, trudging around in the rain with all their shopping bags. As for me, I haven't done anything today exept sleep in late, eat breakfast that DH made, sat by the fire that DH made, drank tea and now on dc. Lazy rainy day. Now DH is doing the dishes too, I think I will let him after the last two days of non stop cooking and cleaning that I did.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:28 PM   #13
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
There is not a polite way to phrase the emphasis of my not going shopping today. I know about great deals, a co-worker called and told of the great deals she got.

There are two reasons why:

1. I hate crowds. Too many people in too small of a place = mosh pit, not shopping. I want to go in, do my business, and leave. I'll graciously say excuse me a few times as it is often inevitible (sp?) that someone will be in your way a time or two. But if I use those few times up going down one isle, there's a problem I'm fixing to solve. I always wondered what would happen if I pulled the move Andre the Giant did in The Princess Bride and shout "everybody move!"

2. This starts the season of bringing out the worst in everyone. People get rude, and it goes down hill from there. Someone told me of a shopping experience today where someone with a cart was pushing the person I know forward with the cart because they were in the way. I'd have told them where to put the cart, and if they needed assistance, I'd happily oblige.

Oh, and a third thing is checkout, because all of the above apply, exponentially. And the store usually doesn't have all the registers open, yet there are more people in the store then in the city of Chicago.

Drugs & Black Friday, just say no!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:59 PM   #14
Head Chef

nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:34 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
you can't pay me enough o deal with the traffic let alone bumping elbows with other people
Old 11-26-2005, 04:32 AM   #16
Master Chef

what is black Friday?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:36 AM   #17
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara
what is black Friday?
It is the day after Thanksgiving in the USA. The shops have huge sales to start off the shopping season for the holidays. It is one of, if not the busiest shopping day of the year. Some stores open at 4 or 5am and usually have a line of people waiting even at that hour to get inside.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:23 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara
what is black Friday?
The day after Thanksgiving in the United States, is historically one of the busiest retail shopping days of the year. Many consider it the "official" beginning to the holiday season. Most retailers will open very early.

Black Friday is the day many retailers are thought to become profitable, going from "the red," to "the black;" hence the name.

Although Black Friday is typically the busiest shopping day of the year in terms of customer traffic, it is not typically the day with the highest sales volume. That is usually either Christmas Eve or the last Saturday before Christmas.

My observation, since I don't go out for so called sales after Thanksgiving... I went to stores for some items I needed/wanted. Perhaps it was the places I shopped, but noticed there were no crowds, except at the food court/cort (sp?).
Old 11-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #19
Master Chef

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #20
cartwheelmac

We don't normally shop the day after Thanksgiving

Grace